• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

New category per Ketamine

Migrated topic.
That would be worthwhile. Wasn't it John Lilly that mapped Ketamine experience space way back decades ago? There seem to be some good success stories of people using Ketamine to overcome chronic depression and other health / mental issues.

I’ll echo here. Ketamine has been quite healing for me. It has a much higher abuse potential than other entheogens, but can be used as an entheogen nonetheless. A friend of mine is very fond of K with spice in particular, as well.
Indeed it does have a higher abuse potential. I know of a couple of people that have fallen into a habit of abusing it, and apart from missing the point of working with it entirely, there's also some evidence that it can cause quite a lot of damage to the kidneys.

Moderation and respect, as usual, are the key. I'm looking forward to working with K again, it's been a few years.

Indeed it does have a higher abuse potential. I know of a couple of people that have fallen into a habit of abusing it, and apart from missing the point of working with it entirely, there's also some evidence that it can cause quite a lot of damage to the kidneys.

Moderation and respect, as usual, are the key. I'm looking forward to working with K again, it's been a few years.
Yes, this exactly. It isn’t abuse resistant like tryptamines. And it is indeed body toxic. I think because of these reasons, a particular word of warning should be available for those who are interested and have no experience with the substance: if you feel unable to self regulate your substance use, or suffer from chronic states of depression, anxiety, or dysphoria, ketamine is probably a substance worth avoiding. Additionally, as it is a regulated pharmaceutical, it is always worth testing your ketamine.

Yes, this exactly. It isn’t abuse resistant like tryptamines. And it is indeed body toxic. I think because of these reasons, a particular word of warning should be available for those who are interested and have no experience with the substance: if you feel unable to self regulate your substance use, or suffer from chronic states of depression, anxiety, or dysphoria, ketamine is probably a substance worth avoiding. Additionally, as it is a regulated pharmaceutical, it is always worth testing your ketamine.
Definitely. I'd say if one fits the description you provided, it's either best to attend a ketamine experience guided by experts in a clinic, or avoid it altogether.

Even though there are serious risks involved with Ketamine, like it's addiction profile and permanent bladder damage, I think we might try out such a subforum as long as we keep the main topics about research and harm reduction!

So here it is: Ketamine

Kind regards,

The Traveler
You're quick! Thanks a bunch, we'll try to keep it civil and organized in there :)

You're quick! Thanks a bunch, we'll try to keep it civil and organized in there :)
I'll definitely help keep an eye on it, as with the rest of the forum.

Ketamine bladder 'toxicity' is due to the poor solubility of its metabolite, norketamine, in urine. This then crystalises out in various parts of the urinary tract as needles which physically damage the surrounding tissue, like kidney/bladder stones from hell 😵
[Edit: I'm sure the resulting localised high concentrations of norket don't do much for tissue survival either…]
Worst is if the post-nasal drip is swallowed, as this leads to greater hepatic metabolism and particularly heavy users may even experience gastric damage. (Perhaps this should go in a K harm-reduction post.)

Ketaimine bladder 'toxicity' is due to the poor solubility of its metabolite, norketamine, in urine. This then crystalises out in various parts of the urinary tract as needles which physically damage the surrounding tissue, like kidney/bladder stones from hell 😵
Worst is if the post-nasal drip is swallowed, as this leads to greater hepatic metabolism and particularly heavy users may even experience gastric damage. (Perhaps this should go in a K harm-reduction post.)
Maybe you can write a sticky topic in that new subforum with these warnings in it?

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Ketamine bladder 'toxicity' is due to the poor solubility of its metabolite, norketamine, in urine. This then crystalises out in various parts of the urinary tract as needles which physically damage the surrounding tissue, like kidney/bladder stones from hell 😵
[Edit: I'm sure the resulting localised high concentrations of norket don't do much for tissue survival either…]
I had no idea it could also cause gastric damage, I've always swallowed the drip because I can't be bothered expelling it while I can barely distinguish the room I'm in...

Let me know if I can contribute in any way to this sticky, I'd be happy to help in any and all harm reduction efforts.

I'll admit the gastric damage is a bit anecdotal but this was someone whom I knew personally; their chaotic lifestyle meant that ending up in hospital for gastric surgery could have had a number of additional factors. There's a high chance that someone in that scene at that time won't have restricted themselves to one substance. Alcohol, amphetamine, MDMA and a poor diet are prime candidates as contributing factors to their difficulties - to the extent that it's unfair to point the finger at one single factor. All the same, it's still better to avoid swallowing the drip, especially if one uses relatively large amounts of ketamine.

We can transfer this conversation to the new subforum once I've moved/copied these couple of relevant posts there.

That would be worthwhile. Wasn't it John Lilly that mapped Ketamine experience space way back decades ago? There seem to be some good success stories of people using Ketamine to overcome chronic depression and other health / mental issues.
John Cunningham Lilly - there was someone who really put the Special into 'Special K'… someone who made a science out of ketamine abuse where others of lesser calibre would have perished long before. He also developed the floatation tank, spoke to dolphins, and mapped out the LSD space - sometimes combining all three. A thoroughly interesting individual, he would also have much to say about the current race to adopt computerised "AI" systems were he alive and coherent today. Indeed, in his work, "The Scientist - a Metaphysical Autobiography" he explores the consequences of what he called the "solid state entity" or SSE, which seems more relevant than ever. Highly recommended reading.

Back
Top Bottom