• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

no acetone, mek or ethyl acetate available: how to wash/purify?

l_work

Rising Star
Joined
Aug 1, 2025
Messages
7
Merits
45
Hello all!

In my country, all these three on the title are controlled substances due to cocaine production.
I can easily find 60% acetone or mek, but those 40% are undisclosed in the label and quality seems low.

I do have xylene, heptane, IPA - all UPS/ACS grade.
I'm looking to do A/B extraction from San Pedro powder.

Any ideas on how to do the wash and purification steps without these?

I'm really trying to achieve crystals as pure as possible.

Thanks a lot!
 
There are two main focus points in the procedure:
- After washing alkaline cactus in the solvent, it is good to let xylene for some time undisturbed to do a sedimentation clearing.
- acid used should form mescaline salt which is easy to recrystalize (it basically means it has not very high solubility in water)
Sulfuric is easiest, tartaric is also very good. Fumaric is probably also very suitable, but I have no experience with it. Avoid acetic and hcl.
 
Great points! Question: any observation on citric acid? It's the one I got.
Sulfuric here has purity questions, as it's sold to clean floors, no UPS/ACS or anything like it.
 
Original extraction technique would use citric water to salt from xylene. There will be an excess amount of citric acid that you can clean/remove by washing with isopropanol 99.

If you have access to HCL/muriatic acid aka stone/floor cleaner this will evaporate away the excess and only a tiny amount is needed. Use this in place of citric acid...

Look up Kash A/B mescaline extraction
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom