• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

No politics

Migrated topic.

Voidmatrix

Rearranging the void
Staff member
Donator
Psychedelic guide
Simply and officially, this forum will no longer permit political discussion and discourse.

Of all the topics that people can argue about, almost anywhere, politics tend to do the most damage. This forum is no exception, and it has become apparent that it is unreasonable to expect people to "play nice" with respect to this topic. Due the impact of politics in all of our lives, the topic has become too polarized to attempt to allow further discussions where such is involved. This is a place of community and support,where we commune with each other on topics of mutual interest, connect, grow, and build each other up, not castigate, vilify, antagonize, and tear each other down.

While everything can be politicized, it is the responsibility of each and every individual to practice temperance in how they make sure to avoid and "dance around" anything that may have a political tinge and to make sure to avoid adding political discourse. Sometimes the mention of something that tends to have a political association/connotation cannot be avoided, in which case members are now encouraged to abstain from engaging with such information in a political manner (e.g. don't mention what party is doing what, what politician or political party has what agenda, over-generalizations about government and governing bodies, who's lobbying to do what where, etc).

We, at the mod team, thank you for you understanding in this matter.

May we all come together and unite in solidarity and love and balance in these trying times.

One love

Simply and officially, this forum will no longer permit political discussion and discourse.

Of all the topics that people can argue about, almost anywhere, politics tend to do the most damage. This forum is no exception, and it has become apparent that it is unreasonable to expect people to "play nice" with respect to this topic. Due the impact of politics in all of our lives, the topic has become too polarized to attempt to allow further discussions where such is involved. This is a place of community and support,where we commune with each other on topics of mutual interest, connect, grow, and build each other up, not castigate, vilify, antagonize, and tear each other down.

While everything can be politicized, it is the responsibility of each and every individual to practice temperance in how they make sure to avoid and "dance around" anything that may have a political tinge and to make sure to avoid adding political discourse. Sometimes the mention of something that tends to have a political association/connotation cannot be avoided, in which case members are now encouraged to abstain from engaging with such information in a political manner (e.g. don't mention what party is doing what, what politician or political party has what agenda, over-generalizations about government and governing bodies, who's lobbying to do what where, etc).

We, at the mod team, thank you for you understanding in this matter.

May we all come together and unite in solidarity and love and balance in these trying times.

One love
Politics always cause arguments, just as its intended to do. Agreed.

It’s true. I have friends from the entire political spectrum. I can’t imagine my life without having met and befriended these people.

I don’t watch *any* news anymore and my life has been better for it. It’s so good to be able to tell someone who wants to talk about x political issues, “sorry, I really don’t know anything about that, and don’t watch the news”, and then just have them drop it and talk about normal stuff that we can find common ground on.

Back
Top Bottom