• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

North hemisphere vs. S.Hemisphere religion

Migrated topic.

Spock's Brain

Rising Star
Does anyone know of a theory that discusses the commonality of the religions of the Northern Hemisphere, as distinctive to the S.Hemishpere? I was thinking about this today. If you start in the middle east, mediteranean, and N. Africa... and draw a latitudal swath across the globe you end up in India... and then China, Thailand and Indonesia... and then crossing the ocean, Central America. So, in that order, you've got the homes of the origins of the World's major religious philosophies and systems. Judaism/Islam/Christianity(Abrahamic), (RA-Osirus, greek pantheon, mithraism {ancient})... Hinduism... Buddhism... and the notable religions of Central America (ie. Mayans, Aztecs etc...) So I wonder, since they all lay in the same lattitudes, what they might share in common as a source. If you think about it, they all are heavenly religions as they focus on Heaven (the Heavens). Could the point of commonality be they all share the same view of the sky? The path of the sun and the constellations? Is there something in the sky that can only be viewed in a certain way from the N.Hemishpere that is the source? If you compare this to the spiritualism of the southern hemisphere, there is a distinction. The southern hemisphere seems to have (originally) religions more earth based (tribal, primal, anamistic, shamanistic?), as opposed to sun god (Son of God), God(s) from (or in) Heaven... Can anyone shed any light on my theory, as in pointing to a scholorly source of knowledge about this?

What I want to know is why there are not more girls on the forums, but thats for a different thread I suppose...

Spock's Brain said:
'Coatl- Thanks. Will you be my cyber-girlfriend? (if hitting on other Nexus members is allowed.) :)

[quote='Coatl]What I want to know is why there are not more girls on the forums, but thats for a different thread I suppose...
[/quote]

Because, your a very rare gem. Your unique and special, that's why I'm asking... :)

Back
Top Bottom