• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

oh god the naphtha dried awful!

Migrated topic.

StealthyBong

Rising Star
I let it sit upside down for three hours and scraped what looked like a decent amount to the top right corner and got that weird gunky stuff in the center. What is happening with that??? Also why does all my yield always leave me :cry:

y4m31q1EX2lAmkQX2y5nccDUqxCG04auW75lLunobu2nqgp4IIakTXb_MhlHObrzY3QgFo7HpFODiV5_st4wAJ0CmmXci-9TrFbA_-Z35EkaTO4_Javvzx0RqkSa0usHPmk-yuiv6cWW2lDjRdG73qMrRwat-eZqq-qrkoQkzy5pcYKX_UiYFEy4OzJt9JMSQNXFjEAjDQg-0sOXPf2AL9Ekg

Attachments

• WP_20170409_15_30_54_Rich.jpg
    WP_20170409_15_30_54_Rich.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
How well did you filter before your pulls? How clean were your pulls?

Perform a recrystallization. I recrystallize two or three times until I get the results I desire. In the future concentrate on the filter process. Filter, filter, and filter again. I get very good results and I feel it is due to my filtration process prior to basifying. Clean pulls are also very important.

Good luck with your goo!

Noted. I just put my pulls straight into the freeze. For now, I scraped the center gunk out and am now drying it on a paper plate and im gunna see what its gunna turn into and put the dish back in the freeze because it still had a minimal amount of crystals stuck on the sides

I did want to say that before i scraped it was loaded with crystal dots. It looked pretty typical. You guys think one of the problems might have been that i scraped immediately instead of fan drying first?

DmnStr8 said:

Perform a recrystallization. I recrystallize two or three times until I get the results I desire. In the future concentrate on the filter process. Filter, filter, and filter again. I get very good results and I feel it is due to my filtration process prior to basifying. Clean pulls are also very important.

Good luck with your goo!

Do you mean filtering the primary liquid that results from the acid boil? I did this also, with some cheesecloth. However, I was hesitant to filter out all of the small particulates because I thought maybe these held some DMT. Is that true, or is it true that you can filter out everything and just be left with liquid and still get good yields?

Thanks

InAwe said:
DmnStr8 said:

Good luck with your goo!

Do you mean filtering the primary liquid that results from the acid boil? I did this also, with some cheesecloth. However, I was hesitant to filter out all of the small particulates because I thought maybe these held some DMT. Is that true, or is it true that you can filter out everything and just be left with liquid and still get good yields?

Thanks

I filter out everything. I filter using cheesecloth. Then pulled apart, loose cotton balls in a funnel. Then tight cotton ball in a funnel a couple times. Then through about 7 to 10 stacked coffee filters that have been placed in a colander. Place in fridge fridge overnight, decant, and back through 7 to 10 stacked coffee filters.

The yield is not what I'm concerned with. I get more white crystals and a lot less goo. In most cases I only Rx one time and get the exact results I am looking for. I like fluffy white crystals. On the occasions where I did not filter as much, I had more goo and reddish color, resulting in doing two or three Rx. I think it's well worth the time to go through an extensive filtering process.

it's interesting which method did you use?

Was naphtha clear or foggy before pull?

Did you freeze pulled naptha or evaporate it?

If freezed, did you dry it out in a fridge or scraped right after removing naptha?

DmnStr8 said:
InAwe said:
DmnStr8 said:

Good luck with your goo!

Thanks

I filter out everything. I filter using cheesecloth. Then pulled apart, loose cotton balls in a funnel. Then tight cotton ball in a funnel a couple times. Then through about 7 to 10 stacked coffee filters that have been placed in a colander. Place in fridge fridge overnight, decant, and back through 7 to 10 stacked coffee filters.

The yield is not what I'm concerned with. I get more white crystals and a lot less goo. In most cases I only Rx one time and get the exact results I am looking for. I like fluffy white crystals. On the occasions where I did not filter as much, I had more goo and reddish color, resulting in doing two or three Rx. I think it's well worth the time to go through an extensive filtering process.

Wow, you have your filtering technique down! Thanks for sharing that, it's good to know. I'm guessing you also have much less of a problem with emulsions when you filter.

melotikaci said:
it's interesting which method did you use?

Was naphtha clear or foggy before pull?

Did you freeze pulled naptha or evaporate it?

If freezed, did you dry it out in a fridge or scraped right after removing naptha?

It was clear before pull, milky or foggy after pull.

Freeze precipitate

Place in fridge for an hour, then freezer for 18 hours. Pour off remaining naphtha through a coffee filter to save goodies floating around. Place upside down in freezer for another hour or so. The take out of freezer, placed upside down, propped up for airflow, in front of a fan. Once pretty dry I let it set out for a few hours and then scrape it all up.

InAwe said:
DmnStr8 said:
InAwe said:
DmnStr8 said:

Good luck with your goo!

Thanks

Wow, you have your filtering technique down! Thanks for sharing that, it's good to know. I'm guessing you also have much less of a problem with emulsions when you filter.

Very little emulsion. Any emulsion is easily taken care of by a warm heat bath and time.

Back
Top Bottom