• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Old man spends 30 years restoring 1500 hectares of old growth forest in NZ

Migrated topic.

Nydex

The Lizard Wizard
Staff member
Donator
I accidentally stumbled upon this gem today while watching some gardening videos, and I have to say it warmed my heart so much and instantly went into my favorite videos of all time collection.

I strive to be as wholesome and precious in my 80s as this man. The level of dedication and love he has for what he does is evident. When man sets a life goal that is in alignment with Nature and is aimed at protecting her, his life automatically comes to the highest degree of purpose.

I wish I could meet this man and just hug and thank him for being the embodiment of the crucial change that is so desperately needed in those dire times - the true and unconditional love for our Mother.

Enjoy!
[YOUTUBE]

This is so cool, and he's so passionate and dedicated.

I spent a bit of time on banks peninsula growing up as my family had some land out there and I used to think about how dry and barren the place was. It's mostly all grassland with gorse taking over in a lot of spots with only smaller areas of native bush.

I will definitely have to go and check this place out next time I'm down that way.

My goal for years has been to do this myself one day but on a much smaller scale and to get off grid and mostly live off the land.

Back
Top Bottom