• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Other methods of using Yopo

Migrated topic.

Bit by bit it's becoming easier to remember that I
I've been researching psychededlics for years. I've been bouncing between the desire to go deep on my own, the fear of legal consequences, the fear of what exactly I'll see and experience, etc.

A lot of these fears have been negated by some experiences I've had recently in meditation. I've done enough kundalini raising work over the years that I've already hit the point of no return; so, I might as well take the big plunge...

As I've been digging recently I've come to the conclusion that Yopo may be my best bet in terms of cost, intensity and duration of experience.

From what I've read about yopo, snuff is widely regarded as the best option for use; but, quite simply, I'd rather avoid putting "anything" up my nasal passages. I'd rather just eat or drink something; but, DMT breaks down when ingested orally.

So, I'm wondering if eating a couple of Yopo seeds after drinking Caapi tea would be useful or whether that is inadvisable. I've been looking through the forums and, while I did see some debate about this topic, I couldn't find anyone who's tried it. Would 4 or 5 yopo seeds brewed with Caapi tea be safe and effective? Would it be more effective to just eat them 45 min to an hour after drinking Caapi tea?

And, failing that, I've got another option in mind... I wonder if yopo snuff couldn't be mixed with KY and used as an enema. It probably wouldn't be pretty and I may have to spend the whole trip sitting on the toilet; but, to my mind, that option beats snuff and vomiting. If I've got my pick of ends to purge from, I know which one I'd prefer =)

Any thoughts?

I've been researching psychededlics for years. I've been bouncing between the desire to go deep on my own, the fear of legal consequences, the fear of what exactly I'll see and experience, etc.

A lot of these fears have been negated by some experiences I've had recently in meditation. I've done enough kundalini raising work over the years that I've already hit the point of no return; so, I might as well take the big plunge...

As I've been digging recently I've come to the conclusion that Yopo may be my best bet in terms of cost, intensity and duration of experience.

From what I've read about yopo, snuff is widely regarded as the best option for use; but, quite simply, I'd rather avoid putting "anything" up my nasal passages. I'd rather just eat or drink something; but, DMT breaks down when ingested orally.

So, I'm wondering if eating a couple of Yopo seeds after drinking Caapi tea would be useful or whether that is inadvisable. I've been looking through the forums and, while I did see some debate about this topic, I couldn't find anyone who's tried it. Would 4 or 5 yopo seeds brewed with Caapi tea be safe and effective? Would it be more effective to just eat them 45 min to an hour after drinking Caapi tea?

And, failing that, I've got another option in mind... I wonder if yopo snuff couldn't be mixed with KY and used as an enema. It probably wouldn't be pretty and I may have to spend the whole trip sitting on the toilet; but, to my mind, that option beats snuff and vomiting. If I've got my pick of ends to purge from, I know which one I'd prefer =)

Any thoughts?

Yopo snuff is extremely unpleasant. The crushed seeds will clog your nose for multiple days after intake. Even pain reducing drugs dont help the pain much.

There are many sources stating they are orally active witout MAOI but some say you need to take MAOI.

Best way to take them is to prepare the snuff then smoke it in a pipe or bong. Take big hits keep them in just like salvia divinorum.

Smoking is the best way i think.

You could experiment with them. Start with the snuff dose (5 seeds) with maoi and then try increasing the amount by 5 till you get a nice trip.

The most effective way to take yopo, is indeed to smoke it. But it can also be taken sublingually. You need to mix it with edible lime and water first then. When the yopo-dough is dried, you can powder it and put it under your tongue.

I must say though, that i've only done it this way, when i was already under the influence of ayahuasca or LSD, so i'm not 100% sure whether the sublingual method will work on it's own. But i can say from experience that, if you've taken LSD or ayahuasca first, the sublingual method definately works, and has no unpleasant side effect.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try drinking Caapi tea and sublingual use first. If that doesn't work well and I do need to smoke it, is there anything in particular to keep in mind? For example, with Salvia I know a butane lighter at the very least is recommended for the higher heat? Is it possible to smoke the seeds straight or is it better to mix them with something?

Ingesting yopo orally can(and likely will) produce an extremely uncomfortable experience physically. A side effect of bufotenine is heavy vasoconstriction. It is not like ayahuasca. Yopo is not a DMT experience. The main alkaloid of relevance is bufotenine, not DMT or 5-MeO-DMT (unless you have the falcata strain which no one seems to outside of south america).

Bufotenine also lasts longer than DMT. If you use yopo with vine instead of a DMT plant with vine, you are in for a longer experience.

I could easily offset the vasoconstriction to some extent with an L-Arginine supplement (I'd take the aminos pure, I wouldn't want to risk mixing in the chemical cocktail in bodybuilding supplements.) I don't imagine that there would be any harmful side effect from that; but, I'm a mystic and a hypnotist, not a biochemist. Does anyone know whether this is a good idea or not?

And, even from straight meditation, I do a lot of kundalini raising work and that often becomes uncomfortable. I'm used to muscle cramps and spasms as well as diarrhea as a side effect of energy work. Even if they are quite a bit more intense, I can handle it; especially if I start with 1 or 2 seeds and work my way up. (Given how deep I can go with nothing but willpower and manatras, I honestly may not need more than that anyway. I often get at least flashes of CEV's and telepathic communication with entities. I'm just looking for breakthrough experiences and to get some experience with out of body experiences and astral projection. I'm thinking once I get some experience with that level, I'll be able to reach it again without drugs in fairly short order.)

Do you happen to know if the MAO Inhibitors in Caapi have an effect on the bufotenine or would they just effect the DMT in the Yopo seeds?

From what people are saying, it appears that smoking or sub-lingual use have much less intense physical symptoms than using the Yopo as snuff or just eating them straight; does anyone happen to know why that is?

Also, does anyone know enough about the action of MAOI in the body to know whether an enema would bypass the breakdown of DMT which comes from oral or sublingual use?

I could easily offset the vasoconstriction to some extent with an L-Arginine supplement (I'd take the aminos pure, I wouldn't want to risk mixing in the chemical cocktail in bodybuilding supplements.) I don't imagine that there would be any harmful side effect from that; but, I'm a mystic and a hypnotist, not a biochemist. Does anyone know whether this is a good idea or not?

And, even from straight meditation, I do a lot of kundalini raising work and that often becomes uncomfortable. I'm used to muscle cramps and spasms as well as diarrhea as a side effect of energy work. Even if they are quite a bit more intense, I can handle it; especially if I start with 1 or 2 seeds and work my way up. (Given how deep I can go with nothing but willpower and manatras, I honestly may not need more than that anyway. I often get at least flashes of CEV's and telepathic communication with entities. I'm just looking for breakthrough experiences and to get some experience with out of body experiences and astral projection. I'm thinking once I get some experience with that level, I'll be able to reach it again without drugs in fairly short order.)

Do you happen to know if the MAO Inhibitors in Caapi have an effect on the bufotenine or would they just effect the DMT in the Yopo seeds?

From what people are saying, it appears that smoking or sub-lingual use have much less intense physical symptoms than using the Yopo as snuff or just eating them straight; does anyone happen to know why that is?

Also, does anyone know enough about the action of MAOI in the body to know whether an enema would bypass the breakdown of DMT which comes from oral or sublingual use?
I don't know why the oral route has different results, but it could be that it's because it's just metabolised differently.

I do know that bufotenine by itself doesn't realy give you breakthrough-experiences like most other hallucinogens do. Visually it's very intense, but it has virtually no psychological effects. Compared to ayahuasca, mescaline, shrooms or LSD, it's pretty boring stuff even.

That's the main reason why i only do it with some other hallucinogen.
The vasoconstriction can be neutralised with caapi or with cannabis.

If you take ayahuasca, and do it with enough caapi, the side-effects are minimal. If you would decide to smoke it, you could smoke powdered yopo, mixed with weed. Weed also diminishes much of the side-effects, and it's an easy way to smoke it. The problem with smoking it, is that yopo-smoke is kinda heavy stuff for the lungs. And you would need something to wash away the disgusting taste of burned yopo. Water won't do. With the sunlingual route, the stuff is less active, but less uncomfortable.

But realy, yopo by itself doesn't compare to DMT at all.

Back
Top Bottom