• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

'overdose' strategy's

Migrated topic.
Well, I don't spend a lot of time on The Shroomery, but the last post I saw about him was from his wife reporting that he had just suffered a massive heart attack. That was a couple of years ago, and since then I haven't seen anything from either of them.

Uncle Knucles said:
Well, I don't spend a lot of time on The Shroomery, but the last post I saw about him was from his wife reporting that he had just suffered a massive heart attack. That was a couple of years ago, and since then I haven't seen anything from either of them.
that's what I thought you were going to say...

I've never had any contact with chinacat and I'm not even a member of the shroomery, but I read a lot of his posts in the "thumbprint" thread, and a few others, which gave me a really good impression of him as a human being...

so when I read your post, I looked around on the shroomery and my heart sank when I found this thread...

like you, I assumed that was the end, but then I skipped a page or two in the thread and found that he actually survived the heart attack!

I also looked up his profile and found that he has a bunch of posts after that incident, including this one... Thank you - The Pub - Shroomery Message Board

pretty cool, huh :)

sorry about sidetracking this thread, polytrip... I like the original topic :!:

warrensaged said:
embracethevoid said:
That's BS, a visible dosage of LSD would absolutely rock one's world or cause one to die of heart failure. "Tiny little CHUNKS" implies something like 10mg+, no way in hell is someone coming out of that too well.

I'm gonna have to agree with ETV here, LSD is put onto blotter paper because the dose is so small there is no way to gauge a dose without a very sophisticated (expensive) scale. Much less deal with it in an easy way.
LSD doses are measured in micrograms, even a huge dose, like enough for 50 people or more is not going to be very easy to see with your naked eye.

Put it this way, 50 milligrams (the average breakthrough dose for DMT) is equal to 50,000 micrograms!!!
So a pure LSD crystal, that was visible to the naked eye, would probably be more than enough to dose a small city!!

Although, I have heard of a certain "brand" of LSD named "Crystal Fluff", but it wasn't pure LSD crystals (although it may have been sold as such...:roll: ), it was said to be a silvery/whitish powder that was probably about 1%-3% LSD. The rest would be filler, to make it easier to handle & measure out etc...
LSD in the 60's was normally found in pill form & the doses where sometimes 200-to-1000 times larger(**) than what you might find on a blotter today.
Even still, the bulk of those pills were just bonding agent, or filler, to form the pill & hold it all together.

So unfortunately, that dude was probably exaggeration a bit to you, or just straight up telling BS stories.

Out of all the psychoactives out there, LSD has sooooo many ridicules tales of crazy, unrealistic crap to go along with it!
If you are not familiar with it yet, Erowid.com is an invaluable resource for confirming or denying a whole lot of the tall-tales you may encounter throughout your journeying!
Erowid is also hands down the most comprehensive "drug-encyclopedia" out there & it's free of charge!! Check it out!

WS

**Side Note:
I read a statistic a few years ago that said something like today you might find 100-200 micrograms of actual LSD on a hit of acid.
However, back in the 60's, a tab of acid might have 500-to-1200 micrograms of actual LSD in it!!
The idea being that most folks are looking for a bit of a change in perception to add to an evening of partying, but when acid originaly hit the scene, the idea was more about turning on to a completely new way of perception...to get out of your normal state of being 100%

WS - I know this thread has been beat up, and is pretty much dead, but I just want to point out, that according to your math above (which is absolutely correct), that 1000 micrograms would equal 1 mg of pure LSD. 1 mg could most certainly be seen with the naked eye, especially in crystal form (crystals are likely to be larger than liquid from expansion of air molecules inside of them). For people who like to take six to ten (or even more) hits of blotter, they are certainly getting at least 1000 micrograms or much more. It's certainly possible that a visible dose of LSD could be taken and easily survived.

The other thing is that LSD has a point of diminishing return effect (there's probably a more scientific way to describe this), but basically, the doses are not 100% cumulative. If someone takes 10 hits of LSD they are most certainly not going to be tripping at a level 10 times harder than if they'd taken 1 hit of the same LSD. In my experience each additional hit ingested has a 20% to 30% (numbers only estimated from experience) increase in psychoactivity, not a 1 + 1 = 2 effect.

Anyway, that's just my two cents on the whole argument. I'm not validating anyone's "glory stories", just stating that it is possible (especially if the crystals were not pure LSD).

Peace
-idt

If the crystals were impure that gives some leeway. However, scraping "CRYSTALS" and not "a speck of potent LSD dust" off into your mouth then taking fuck all from the experience except "OMGOMG DA WALLS WERE MELTING OMG" doesn't really strike me as genuine.

idtravlr said:
warrensaged said:
embracethevoid said:
That's BS, a visible dosage of LSD would absolutely rock one's world or cause one to die of heart failure. "Tiny little CHUNKS" implies something like 10mg+, no way in hell is someone coming out of that too well.

I'm gonna have to agree with ETV here, LSD is put onto blotter paper because the dose is so small there is no way to gauge a dose without a very sophisticated (expensive) scale. Much less deal with it in an easy way.
LSD doses are measured in micrograms, even a huge dose, like enough for 50 people or more is not going to be very easy to see with your naked eye.

Put it this way, 50 milligrams (the average breakthrough dose for DMT) is equal to 50,000 micrograms!!!
So a pure LSD crystal, that was visible to the naked eye, would probably be more than enough to dose a small city!!

Although, I have heard of a certain "brand" of LSD named "Crystal Fluff", but it wasn't pure LSD crystals (although it may have been sold as such...:roll: ), it was said to be a silvery/whitish powder that was probably about 1%-3% LSD. The rest would be filler, to make it easier to handle & measure out etc...
LSD in the 60's was normally found in pill form & the doses where sometimes 200-to-1000 times larger(**) than what you might find on a blotter today.
Even still, the bulk of those pills were just bonding agent, or filler, to form the pill & hold it all together.

So unfortunately, that dude was probably exaggeration a bit to you, or just straight up telling BS stories.

Out of all the psychoactives out there, LSD has sooooo many ridicules tales of crazy, unrealistic crap to go along with it!
If you are not familiar with it yet, Erowid.com is an invaluable resource for confirming or denying a whole lot of the tall-tales you may encounter throughout your journeying!
Erowid is also hands down the most comprehensive "drug-encyclopedia" out there & it's free of charge!! Check it out!

WS

**Side Note:
I read a statistic a few years ago that said something like today you might find 100-200 micrograms of actual LSD on a hit of acid.
However, back in the 60's, a tab of acid might have 500-to-1200 micrograms of actual LSD in it!!
The idea being that most folks are looking for a bit of a change in perception to add to an evening of partying, but when acid originaly hit the scene, the idea was more about turning on to a completely new way of perception...to get out of your normal state of being 100%

WS - I know this thread has been beat up, and is pretty much dead, but I just want to point out, that according to your math above (which is absolutely correct), that 1000 micrograms would equal 1 mg of pure LSD. 1 mg could most certainly be seen with the naked eye, especially in crystal form (crystals are likely to be larger than liquid from expansion of air molecules inside of them). For people who like to take six to ten (or even more) hits of blotter, they are certainly getting at least 1000 micrograms or much more. It's certainly possible that a visible dose of LSD could be taken and easily survived.

The other thing is that LSD has a point of diminishing return effect (there's probably a more scientific way to describe this), but basically, the doses are not 100% cumulative. If someone takes 10 hits of LSD they are most certainly not going to be tripping at a level 10 times harder than if they'd taken 1 hit of the same LSD. In my experience each additional hit ingested has a 20% to 30% (numbers only estimated from experience) increase in psychoactivity, not a 1 + 1 = 2 effect.

Anyway, that's just my two cents on the whole argument. I'm not validating anyone's "glory stories", just stating that it is possible (especially if the crystals were not pure LSD).

Peace
-idt
I have said the same things before:A few regular blotters can contain a visible amount of acid; the more you take, the lesser the increase in strength. Once you're over about 700 to 1000 micrograms, there is little to no increase in strength anymore.
I can say from my own experience that at a certain point you don't notice a difference anymore if you take more acid. You will never get DMT-like breakthroughs with just LSD.
I twice took a larger then normal amount of acid, though about the amount of micrograms i can only speculate, once 8 microdots and once 5 blotters that where pretty potent and both times it was not much different from taking three to four potent units of acid. The only difference is that with larger amounts it's a little more difficult to focus. There is no increase in visuals or auditory effects, you become a little more impaired, temporarily, your short term memory decreases somewhat more. But you don't get big psychedelic breakthroughs on just acid.

as for chinacat, he is not dead, at least wasnt a few months (or maybe max a year) ago..

I exchanged a few pms with someone that knows him, who said he was just too busy with family and his studies or something of the sort, so he didnt go to shroomery anymore :)

Very glad to hear it. He seems like a decent guy from his posts - and his stories, although crazy in the extreme and more than a little bit reckless, always struck me as credible.

Back
Top Bottom