• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Panaeolus subbalteatus / cinctulus

Migrated topic.

Jagube

Esteemed member
Does anyone have experience with this species? I may be able to get some starting material.

There is not much info on the web.
Apparently it grows all over the world, from the tropics to Alaska. Apart from psilocybin and baeocystin it contains serotonin and 5-HTP and is more empathogenic than the other species.

Is it easy to grow in a lawn? Is it potent?

Hey, somewhat old post but I thought I'd throw in:

Be careful with the yard Pans, don't eat a bunch of unknowns all at once.
Years ago I ate a good amount of what I identified as P. cinctulus. I'm still quite sure they were all Pans, and they did have jet black spore prints, but I spent 4-5 hours feeling weird, and another 1.5 puking my guts out. No tryptamine buzz delivered.

You can see from this post that the caps were pretty black to my eye. So I haven't found an accord with this species, although they do appear to be almost everywhere.

On the other hand, I was working on a farm once years ago, and found some large, beautiful Cincts in manure, which is supposed to be a more definitive place for P. cinct instead of P. foe. Those did deliver, actually, with minimal nausea. The only problem was after sampling some I had a very difficult time distinguishing mushroom characteristics to pick more. The mushroom image rose up behind my eyelids, as I had been looking for them all day. Joyous, a "you found us!" feeling. They must be different strains I guess?

Thanks for the heads-up, kerelsk.

I don't think that applies so much to my case though, as I would be getting confirmed Pan. cinctulus spawn.

Kerelsk - this post in that same thread you mentioned really hits the mark. The times I've found Pan. cinctulus they've shone their celestial light at me in some curious way and just known what they are (notwithstanding years of poring over mushroom identification guides 😁 )

Jagube - horse dung seems to be a favourable component of the fruiting substrate. And it's true, the high is more dreamy and empathogenic so I wish you every success!

kerelsk said:
You can see from this post that the caps were pretty black to my eye. So I haven't found an accord with this species, although they do appear to be almost everywhere.
These do look like the common lawn mushroom Panaeolus foenisecii

Here's a pic of some definite Pan cinctulus from a while back. On horse dung and wood chips in the pumpkin patch!

Attachments

• 2018-08-15_12-05-29.jpg
    2018-08-15_12-05-29.jpg
    411.9 KB · Views: 0
Back
Top Bottom