• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Passion Flower Extract

Migrated topic.

mayahuasca

Maya Huasca
Hello,

Hope this post is to the right category.....

I live in Mexico and there is an abundance of Pasion Flower which I know can be a great MAOI to mix with the MHRB we have here.

However, I know it does take ALOT of Passion Flower to be an effective MAOI.

Anybody know a tek for making Passion Flower Extract?

:lol:

my guess would be to use 96.6% ethanol and doing a standard extraction on it. place the herb in a bottle together with the alcohol screw the lid on tight and let it sit in 30-50C waterbath for a few days, shaking the crap out of it in between. make sure your herb is finely pulverized. maybe do this 2-3 times with the same batch of herb using new alcohol each time. in the end just evaporate the alcohol and scrape up the goodies.

the downside to this is that 96% ethanol is pretty expensive. SWIM would rather use it for mushroom extraction. If you're after MAOi just extract from peganum harmala.

needed alcohol for maybe 300g passion flower might be about 2-3 litres which cost around 25 euros per liter. you'd be paying around 100 euros just for the alcohol. which in the end will just go up in smoke. for 40 euros you can already get 100g or more of peganum harmala. and extracting from it is very inexpensive.

so SWIM wouldn't bother extracting from passion flower. unless you do the standard water extraction, boiling your herb 3 times in different water, collecting and then evaping it.

mayahuasca said:
Hello,

Hope this post is to the right category.....

I live in Mexico and there is an abundance of Pasion Flower which I know can be a great MAOI to mix with the MHRB we have here.

However, I know it does take ALOT of Passion Flower to be an effective MAOI.

Anybody know a tek for making Passion Flower Extract?

1) You can do a simple alcohol extraction on it.
2) You can boil it in water and then reduce to a powder over heat.
3) Or you can do an A/B extraction similar to a MHRB.

Yeah, passionflower really isn't the best source for MAOI's...but since you have it in abundance...

A simple water extraction would be best.

dmt nexus is such an awesome site! i needed to find the correct ratio of passionflower to use and actually ended up finding that info right here in the downloadable pdf files section.

the rue to caapi to passionflower ration is 3 to 20 to 40 so i needed at least 120 grams of passionflower. i doubled that and rounded up to 300 grams of passionflower to make sure i had more than enough maoi action happenning.

i put the 300 grams of passionflower in a pot of water, squeezed a whole lemon in the water which was around 2 liters and brought it all to a boil. then i let it simmer for 90-120 minutes. next i filtered out the mush and then boiled all the remaining liquid down to around 4 ounces which was almost as thick as molasses, but drinkable.

within 10 minutes i could feel the effects of the passionflower and it got stronger and stronger over the next two hours, maybe two and a half, and i could still feel it four hours later, although diminishing. passionflower alone gave me a very euphoric buzz, but no visions.

the next night, i did exactly the same tek and downed another 300 grams of passionflower reduced down to a 4 ounce shot and then i took 3 grams of powdered mhrb and mixed it with a small amount of cold water and let it set about an hour while waiting for the effects of the passionflower to come on and then i downed the liquid extract from 3 grams of mhrb which was about one ounce of liquid.

i got light visions and had way beautiful otherworldly dreams.

this mix is one worth doing if you have huge amounts of passiflora incarnata readily available for so cheap as we do here in mexico.

planning to do it again in the next few days with a larger dose of mhrb, probably around 12 grams and will post what results i get.

thanks again to all the advice on the passiflora extract tek. turns out the simple water extraction works great if you have enough plant material.

Back
Top Bottom