• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Phish

Migrated topic.

Big Inhale

The Enlightend One
Anyone going to the reunion show. Im not really a big fan seen them once on shrooms good time.This time just going to the lot.But theyll be here for three days which is pretty much festival.

Im not going but id like to!

Phish is badass!! very psychedelic!

It would be fun to see them on acid or shrooms.. where are they playing this show at again?

Big Inhale said:
yea but the dead arent coming near my way

the grateful dead without jerry?

might be cool, but no jerry! im surprised the band still even plays under the name i thought they all had side projects..

modsquad09 said:
Im not going but id like to!

Phish is badass!! very psychedelic!

It would be fun to see them on acid or shrooms.. where are they playing this show at again?
They are playing a three day reunion show at hampton before going on tou this summer.Also the greatful dead without jerry is called the dead.

Yeah they do play their own stuff but I think they liked the reunion show they did for obama so they decided to do some shows. Ive seen them all on their own and they are all still great. People put way too much on Jerry. The dead was a team effort. Jerry wasnt the only good thing about the band.

That's funny. I just thought to myself "I wonder if there are any phish fans on the nexus" and was going to start a thread to see, but decided to search phish first and whadayaknow!

It's good to see there are some others on here. I'm a HUGE phan. I did the reunion shows and currently have tickets for the Fox, Deer Creek, Alpine and Red Rocks. I'm so happy to have them back and inspired. Trey's head seems to be in the right place too which is crucial.

Anyone else catching any shows this summer?

:!: :arrow: ROTHBURY:!:
the dead, dylan, String Cheese, Femi Kuti, black crowes, willie nelson, sts9, disco biscuts

all on july 4th weekedend, this show could be IT!

USEit~r~loseIT said:
:!: :arrow: ROTHBURY:!:
the dead, dylan, String Cheese, Femi Kuti, black crowes, willie nelson, sts9, disco biscuts

all on july 4th weekedend, this show could be IT!

Yeah..... that's a festival i'd like to go to. I still havent seen "The Dead" without Jerry.....I know he wasn't the only member of the band but without his guitar melodies and presence it doesn't seem like it would be the same.I mean w/ phil as the "backbone" along w/ billy and mickey on percussion and bobby on rhythem.....jerry would lead the jams to where they would peak into a soulful,inspiring crescendo, and the band would push him to where he would come out with some magical riffs and he'd pull the band up with him. (captain trips)RIP :cry: .

Having seen them probably over 40 times...i'm having a hard time brining myself to pay $100 to see them without that "jerry element". I'm not crazy about ratdog but phil and friends rock imo.I would go see them at Rothberry because there's gonna be a lot of other good bands there aswell and it would give me the chance to see what their like without Garcia.

I haven't seen phish since "92" and their playing 3 nights, including new years eve down where i live,so that would be silly of me not to go check them out.

Being a deadhead at heart and having gone through my phish phase, i feel like a lot of these "jambands" all kind of sound the same (i know i am generalizing a bit).It seems that a lot of them sound real phishy, with the same kind of chord structure and similar sounding songs,lyrics and jams.There seems to be a lacking of originality amongs't a lot of the "jambands". Does anyone agree with me? Not trying to be a jamband hater.

Saw Phish at camden and was very impressed. They have matured a lot as a band since the last time I saw them which was 95. Awesome show, and love the glow stick wars.

Hey Big Inhale
let me know if you are going to a dead or Phish show in Va thats my neck of the woods to. Maybe the first Nexus member to meet in real reality if you could call it that ha. Let me know we could meet up and "get ready for the show if you know what I mean".. As long as it does not conflict with my work in into it.

I havent seen the Dead since the 3 day show in Richomd Va 85,86 maybe were the city banned the band for playing there ever again. It was a blast 600 room hotel packed with dead heads. All the room doors were open people wandering around partying from on room to another. They finaly called the cops it was 16 story hotel with common balcony in from looking over the city. The cops would go to one floor "get back in you rooms you cant congreate out here for hours"

As soon as the cop leave one floor with people in there rooms they would all come back out to party. It was a BLAST
this cycle continued many many times it became a game you could see the cop on other floors telling them get back in your room of coure we were helcking the cops on common balcony on other floors. When they came after us just walk into any room and close the door.
It was my gf first show she did not know what to think about being huged by about 50 dead head women. The dead should be here sooner or late. Hope is a two day show killer.

Had tickets for first night. followed the crowd the next 2 nights as the dead heads over powered the security guards and rushed into the stadium as the Dead began to play. Me and my girl friend
had the time of our lives.

By day 3 I was sucking down 10hits of GOOD sid at a time and not getting much out of it due to tolerance.

It was a blast. haven realy listened to Phish to much neverless I would like to go to the show. They like the Dead have fans that are as much of the show as the band its self.
let me know man

Back
Top Bottom