• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Important! PM's (Private Messages) on the OLD forum will be removed at the end of this week.

The Traveler

The Moxylator
Staff member
Admin
Donator
Dear members,

Since we migrated to this new platform, a few changes will be made to the old forum at the end of this week (this coming Friday):
  • All old PM's (Private Messages) will be removed, both for saving disk space and protecting your privacy.
  • All tables containing historic data that is not visible, like the chat history, will be truncated.
The means that if you have important things in your PM's on the old forum you should backup them NOW!

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Last edited:
just a question please...if i can pull up my old threads ..[from old forum] ...on this new forum .. NOW... do they need back up?/ ... shouldent they stay on this new forum.. ..without doing backup/? or will they disapeare off this new forum?

because im not shure how to do backup for my old posts/

just a question please...if i can pull up my old threads ..[from old forum] ...on this new forum .. NOW... do they need back up?/ ... shouldent they stay on this new forum.. ..without doing backup/? or will they disapeare off this new forum?

because im not shure how to do backup for my old posts/
Only your PM (Private Messages) will be removed from the old forum, the threads and posts will stay as they are.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Excellent idea, this way i won't remember about old dead bodies forgotten in a pile of dust...

Which makes me think of a suggestion, if i may: the [ IGNORE ] flag should provide more than one level, since all encounters ain't pleasing/displeasing to a same degree, e.g. that includes the opposite of "ignore" which is to "follow", but the idea of "following" feels like a repellent somehow, so why not a graduated flag to be gently reminded of old personal attacks without actually having to pollute our respective internal universes with adverse unresolvable conflicts and the like, for example. Similarily, if an individual shares special priorities then a member may want to use more chat talk than not, depending on availabilities.

In any case the choice of "ignore" as a word carries negative perceptions while in fact it's probably the most civilized instrument on a forum.

Here's a 3rd question since i discovered the relatively recent update.

About flags as replacement for the [ IGNORE ] button, i've noticed a box appears to display « You have posted x messages in this thread » when our mouse pointer is above the OP's alias picture on the left of a thread title, maybe this would be the perfect place where to put such multi-level reminder flag of mine, sort of a forum accomodation for elders who's failing memories lost track of who's been good or bad, euh...

What?! No elder, legacy nor vintage emoticon?!!

:eek:

The loss of the old PM stuff sort of makes me sad but this has been well explained. Best to move forward with as light a footprint as possible. Nothing lasts and everything is lost but that is a-okay. It makes this very moment all that more poignant. And I'm happy to spend it with you folks.

The loss of the old PM stuff sort of makes me sad but this has been well explained. Best to move forward with as light a footprint as possible. Nothing lasts and everything is lost but that is a-okay. It makes this very moment all that more poignant. And I'm happy to spend it with you folks.
It saddens me as well, it's mostly the idea that I'm pretty sure that quite a few people have left some very private stuff in PM's that's better to be removed.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom