• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

DBTC CATP

Esteemed member
FD/Fair Dinkum has an Australian Smoke Treatment and it's super useful for any plant species that is adapted for wildfire ecology.

Here is how you make this stuff without a lot of effort, with minimal resources, and preferably with a respirator or exhaust fan... (you'll be exposed to smoke!).

you have to burn something and you'll need water. It can be plant matter but depending on what you end up burning it will be useful or less so.

My method: take brown rice and cook it in water for a bit without adding anything. Add a full spectrum sugar like coconut sugar or like sucanat or turbino or cane sugar for caramelization, a fat, and add this into the water too early to make a delicious bowl of soft yet to be ruined brown rice (it won't taste so good once you're done and completely done); the smoke produced from something with sugar is highly toxic and will caramelize your lungs a little; i'm unsure if that will be a chronic or acute form of lung damage it's hard to say but i'd lean more on a specific to chronic and not-desired form of lung damage.... So again, do not inhale the smoke and do not fill smoke into a room; you may do this outdoors actually. It will produce carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide and whenever you do that indoors it likes to linger for a long time and you will neeeed to ventilate your indoor setting, turn on the air conditioning or central cooling, fan it out manually, clean the walls, clean everything, and to use an air purifier with clean filter paper and you'll need to run it for a while and even then you aren't getting all the pollutants out of your home so screw it up once and you'll stain your walls and give yourself cancer; possibly. Epigenetics affect carcinogenic biochemistry so don't freak out but don't be careless either. The caramel does make a great copper color and the result is a hunk of burnt rice and burnt sugar

This is like possibly going to mimic the response plant biochemistry has after wildfires. I did it with only a pan, rice, ghee, water, and a foolishness when I'd fell asleep on the couch and filled the room with smoke and was lucky I didn't start a fire hahaha I would say: burn the crap until it's formed a sheet of charcoal and you can take a knife and cut the sheet. A way to test it is to wait for it to cool and press your finger onto the sheet and see if it's still stuck to your stainless steel pan or if it's formed into a sheet and you are capable of removing it by cutting it's edges and removing the sheet into a plastic bag and using that as your smoke treatment (maybe also use or collect excess oil sitting on your lid/pan. You'll also be just barely catching this stuff on fire so depending on the environmental factors like humidity and such you'll find lots of different results from the same exact experiment.

Some plants have adapted to charred plants other to charred insects and others to charred animals. This doesn't mean you put a fly or somethin or dried mealworms into your pot; you just have to put a fat from a plant or a fat from an animal unless you are dealing with a highly specific plant that you want to germinate. This also means that you don't test these results through animal cruelty either so be forewarned about the ethical implications behind this. If you wanted to ask questions like what species are specific to charred remains of fauna then you need to just become an ecologist and do the research in wildfire stricken parts of the world as opposed. This specific method will work for a lot of species of plant but not all species have that same set of environmental wildfire conditions so in order to understand what all you're doing you just need to know that scientifically you're just simulating a wildfire evolved species natural environmental conditions to trigger germination.

You use the rice as plant matter. The sugar to make chemicals that could be found in charred fruit. Sodium from ghee. Fat from ghee. And don't get smoke inhalation that's all there is to it haha

FD/Fair Dinkum has an Australian Smoke Treatment and it's super useful for any plant species that is adapted for wildfire ecology.

Here is how you make this stuff without a lot of effort, with minimal resources, and preferably with a respirator or exhaust fan... (you'll be exposed to smoke!).

you have to burn something and you'll need water. It can be plant matter but depending on what you end up burning it will be useful or less so.

My method: take brown rice and cook it in water for a bit without adding anything. Add a full spectrum sugar like coconut sugar or like sucanat or turbino or cane sugar for caramelization, a fat, and add this into the water too early to make a delicious bowl of soft yet to be ruined brown rice (it won't taste so good once you're done and completely done); the smoke produced from something with sugar is highly toxic and will caramelize your lungs a little; i'm unsure if that will be a chronic or acute form of lung damage it's hard to say but i'd lean more on a specific to chronic and not-desired form of lung damage.... So again, do not inhale the smoke and do not fill smoke into a room; you may do this outdoors actually. It will produce carbon dioxide and carbon monoxide and whenever you do that indoors it likes to linger for a long time and you will neeeed to ventilate your indoor setting, turn on the air conditioning or central cooling, fan it out manually, clean the walls, clean everything, and to use an air purifier with clean filter paper and you'll need to run it for a while and even then you aren't getting all the pollutants out of your home so screw it up once and you'll stain your walls and give yourself cancer; possibly. Epigenetics affect carcinogenic biochemistry so don't freak out but don't be careless either. The caramel does make a great copper color and the result is a hunk of burnt rice and burnt sugar

This is like possibly going to mimic the response plant biochemistry has after wildfires. I did it with only a pan, rice, ghee, water, and a foolishness when I'd fell asleep on the couch and filled the room with smoke and was lucky I didn't start a fire hahaha I would say: burn the crap until it's formed a sheet of charcoal and you can take a knife and cut the sheet. A way to test it is to wait for it to cool and press your finger onto the sheet and see if it's still stuck to your stainless steel pan or if it's formed into a sheet and you are capable of removing it by cutting it's edges and removing the sheet into a plastic bag and using that as your smoke treatment (maybe also use or collect excess oil sitting on your lid/pan. You'll also be just barely catching this stuff on fire so depending on the environmental factors like humidity and such you'll find lots of different results from the same exact experiment.

Some plants have adapted to charred plants other to charred insects and others to charred animals. This doesn't mean you put a fly or somethin or dried mealworms into your pot; you just have to put a fat from a plant or a fat from an animal unless you are dealing with a highly specific plant that you want to germinate. This also means that you don't test these results through animal cruelty either so be forewarned about the ethical implications behind this. If you wanted to ask questions like what species are specific to charred remains of fauna then you need to just become an ecologist and do the research in wildfire stricken parts of the world as opposed. This specific method will work for a lot of species of plant but not all species have that same set of environmental wildfire conditions so in order to understand what all you're doing you just need to know that scientifically you're just simulating a wildfire evolved species natural environmental conditions to trigger germination.

You use the rice as plant matter. The sugar to make chemicals that could be found in charred fruit. Sodium from ghee. Fat from ghee. And don't get smoke inhalation that's all there is to it haha

Thanks for the write up. I'm curious how this would be any quicker than just burning eucalypt/acacia/other native plants and infusing the smoke/burnt material into water?? That seems closer to the natural process to me. After bushfire the rain absorbs a plethora of compounds from the char and this soaking into the seeds helps greatly in waking them up.. particularly with Eucalypt. The plants will have sugars present.. This seems like a real ordeal to push through.. the burning of sugars and such.. have you compared to other methods? And have you used this with success? I'd love to hear some of your accounts.. its a very interesting idea.. I'd just like to know that it is anymore effective/quicker than other smoke treatment?

I mean, you may be able to use this if for instance if wildfire organisms and their habitats went extinct. Also the wildfire adaptations also result in regenerative processes

Really this concept some folks ahve picked up on with wildfire ecology has implications for creating the conditions of wildfires without the fire directly in the environment?

Maybe wildharvesting phyloids and then burning them down with other plant materials and potentially just add fat or something some kind of animal fat like Ghee or something that way you can regenerate some of the plants without burning down entire forests. It may or may not be more feasible and perhaps if the Earth went into a balance then we could potentially use it for regeneration without wildfires until of course ecology restores a balance

NOT TO MENTION FOR PEOPLE OBSESSED WITH PFAS you could test the plant material for PFAS or figure out how to extract PFAS out of phylloids idk

Also instead of burning important plants you could just burn up all the invasives? (besides wildfire adapted seeds? idk) [note: we have some wildfire adapted species in the U.S. quite a few actually along with fauna too)

Does anyone know if PFAS affects ecologically; wildfire ECOLOGY?

vapeing advertisement ^ shameless plug, "at least they don't cause wildfires" "vape with us guys it's not cigarettes" sorry I have to also insert a joke here and I'm getting paid for this general propaganda for the vaping companies that aren't linked to cigarettes by any means certainly. [employees are not paid)

Black box label: vaping isn't less addictive than smoking cigarettes it's just a rebrand and revamp of the same psychology used in smoking tobacco and it doesn't help aid smoking cessation

[Note: adding comic relief) TM/Trademark

Last edited:
Also instead of burning important plants you could just burn up all the invasives? (besides wildfire adapted seeds? idk) [note: we have some wildfire adapted species in the U.S. quite a few actually along with fauna too)
But surely when burning most would be using fallen material? Here where I live branches fall daily from eucalypt.. you’d never need to ever touch living material. Plus it wouldn’t burn well anyways..

Back
Top Bottom