• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

powered mimosa bark

Migrated topic.

gimpy

Rising Star
when purchasing myself some mimosa, i opted for the pre-powered form. it's very powdered - like flour. would there be any disadvantages in using it, rather than blending up bark?

THe only disadvantae I know is if you use a STB tek with not enough water. In that case it will make a very thick soup which will 'trap' the naphta. My friend just add more water+lye until the soup is liquid enough.

[quote:74239d6ff5="Garulfo"]THe only disadvantae I know is if you use a STB tek with not enough water. In that case it will make a very thick soup which will 'trap' the naphta. My friend just add more water+lye until the soup is liquid enough.[/quote:74239d6ff5] will the higher amount of water+lye in the mix effect the rest of the STB process at all?

[quote:cb9ef5e0ec]will the higher amount of water+lye in the mix effect the rest of the STB process at all?[/quote:cb9ef5e0ec] As long as you adjust the amounts correctly there should be no problems.

If you use deionized water alone the pH will not change - just dilute sludge with more water, no? You can measure this with a pH pen. Demineralized water is at pH 7.0 but has no buffering capacity, and so pH will not change when added to a solution at pH 2.0 or 13.5 - no need to add lye I would say, water alone will dilute the sludge. If a pH of 13.5 is the target for an STB, and if you measure it, you'll find that one needs very little lye to hold the pH at this scortching high alkaline value...

well no problems thus far. have been following nomans tek, and used distilled water for the lye. the layers had no problem separating out (ie, naptha was not trapped).

Back
Top Bottom