• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Private messages not loading on phone?

acacian

Guide
Donator
When using the nexus on my phone, I keep running into this issue when I go to open a message from a user. I will get the notification saying I have a private chat started with a member but when I go to open it I keep getting this message:

whoops.. we ran into some problems. You do not have permission to view the chat”

Are many others experiencing this issue? I’ve been having to start new chats letting people know I can’t read their messages as a workaround and then after that I can access the chat on my computer.. but still usually not on my phone.

I recently removed the new chat from this platform that gave this experience.

Maybe starting a conversation will do the trick now and the old chat is now available to all.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

@The Traveler yeah it seems to be working now! Thank you for all your hard work.. I am loving the new forum so much. I’ve said this before but the interactive element has really stepped it up!

Also curious what the upwards arrow at the bottom of posts is for? Did this just appear or did I miss it?

Thank you for the compliments! I like the new platform a lot as well. :)

And the up arrow is to go to the top of the page again, it will only appear when you have scrolled I think.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Ohh.. it was the upvoting. What is this function for as opposed to the “like” function?

Or is there a page where I can read about some of the changes so I don’t have to make too many posts?

[EDIT] it only seems to be present on some threads at the bottom of people’s posts.

Ohh.. it was the upvoting. What is this function for as opposed to the “like” function?

Or is there a page where I can read about some of the changes so I don’t have to make too many posts?

[EDIT] it only seems to be present on some threads at the bottom of people’s posts.
This is due to this subforum being of the type 'Suggestion':

"Suggestion forums allow users to vote for ideas that they like. The most popular suggestions can be easily accessed."

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom