• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Procured some "5-MeO" — why is it brown?

Migrated topic.

lurkmode

Rising Star
Received a bit from a friend but it doesn't resemble any photo I've found.

It's quite brown. Seems rather impure. Will this be safe for sublingual use or should I try to clean it up?

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!

I'll find out more about where it came from. The guy got it from a co-worker. He just gave it to me so it's one of those things ...

DSC02943.jpg

It doesn't look good at all.

It looks plant extracted and possibly like its oxidizing. From what I read 5-MeO-DMT oxidizes fast and it gets sticky/oily and turns brown.

can you do a recrystallization with 5-meo?
in that case do it, 'cause it should be pretty white.

From where was that extracted?

Observant said:
looks exactly like my fasa precips on chaliponga .... before any washing occured

I take it you then would wash it more to take out plant fats, etc.?

My friend said he thought it was for sure extracted and that he's tried it and really liked it ... not bad side effects to speak of.

So you guys think it's just degraded or something? I might try sublingual first ... just hope I can eyeball that small of an amount. lol

That's a scary thought. I can imagine how super freaky an overdose of 5-MeO-DMT will be. It's got more "mind fuck" that LSD. It makes LSD and DMT look like something for children. 5-MeO-DMT is SERIOUS mind bending stuff.

In one of SWIM’s trips his thoughts became squares and right angles. His emotion were even square. Everything was square. It made no sense at all. His mind even started constructing a universe of squares. Then he got into a freaky time loop where everything kept repeating over and over. Very freaky, but also very fascinating.

If you want a complete freak-out experience complete with the possibility of being bonkers for several days, smoke a large dose for your first try. It’s pretty much guaranteed to scare the crap out of you, and possibly cause you some serious mental problems for a few days.

I’m not normally the type to try to scare people out of trying things, but 5-MeO-DMT is really a serious psychedelic. It’s not very visual but it’s extremely mind bending. Its not something to toy around with.

You’d better get a scale. If you accidentally smoke more than you can handle, which is as little as 2 mg for some people, then you’re in for one hell of a heart pounding fright.

But if taking it sublingually, you’re far less likely to get freaked out. But it can still get really super freaky if you take too much. But because it comes on more slowly, it’s not so shocking.

You shouldn’t use more then 1 mg for your first try. Some people are super sensitive to it and 2 mg is too much. Other people need 10 mg or more just to feel it.

Do not go in thinking it’s some sort of DMT. It’s totally nothing like DMT. It’s more like LSD than DMT. It’s got all the mental psychedelic effects of LSD and then some without the fantastic visuals. The mental alterations are really strong to the point where you can be thinking complete nonsense and have no sense of logic at all.

A moderate dose sublingually is extremely nice. It’s a beautiful experience. On par with LSD. But a large dose is freaky. I don’t know many people who really like large doses of 5-MeO-DMT.

69ron: If I were to eyeball out a low-moderate amount for sublingual use ... what would that look like?

The guy I got it from said to not smoke more than what you could fit inside a 12-point typed letter "O"

That seems ridiculously small. I understand 2 mg is next to nothing. I don't really plan on smoking it first — though I might one day. I want to take it sublingually at first. Would a chunk the size of the letter "O" be enough for that?

I'm an experienced psychonaut but I've never come across 5-MeO until now. Pretty sure I could handle a strong experience but I really would like to get my feet wet before attempting such a feat.

I recommend getting a milligram scale. If you don't have one you should not use 5-MeO-DMT. You can literally be screwed up for days if you take too much. It's one of the few psychedelics that sends people to the hospital from accidental overdoses. It's very easy to OD by eyeballing it. Read Erowid and you'll see lots of very unpleasant OD reports for 5-MeO-DMT.

alright, alright ... good point. thanks for keeping me line.

in the past, my pet ocelot hasn't worried so much about weight. Salvia, dmt, mushrooms, jwh ... never even bothered.

I'll take your word for it though. also, thanks for the info.

69ron said:
I recommend getting a milligram scale. If you don't have one you should not use 5-MeO-DMT. You can literally be screwed up for days if you take too much. It's one of the few psychedelics that sends people to the hospital from accidental overdoses. It's very easy to OD by eyeballing it. Read Erowid and you'll see lots of very unpleasant OD reports for 5-MeO-DMT.

SWIM once took in excess of 200 mg of psilocybin once. It was by mistake. It was a clear overdose and SWIM suffered some physical symptoms from it for a few days. It seems at that dose it interferes with blood clotting and SWIM developed a few broken blood vessels from it here and there. Other than that and being totally wiped out by the dose, he was fine the next day.

5-MeO-DMT is really a different beast from the other common psychedelics. A dose of 10 mg is much more than twice as potent as 5 mg. There’s a really high dosage curve. A few mg more than a comfortable dose is all it takes to be floored by it.

I’ve read many horror stories related to accidental 5-MeO-DMT overdoses.

For SWIM a high dose of 5-MeO-DMT is like being completely insane. Nothing makes sense. Your thoughts make no sense, the world around you makes no sense, etc.

An overdose can make you black out and vomit all over the place, or thrash about uncontrollably.

The freak out potential from a high dose of 5-MeO-DMT is probably 10 times that of LSD or any other psychedelic.

I don’t want to sound like I’m trying to scare anyone. SWIM actually likes 5-MeO-DMT a lot in low sublingual doses. It’s a fascinating experience and something I think most people would enjoy. But large doses, especially smoked, are extremely unpleasant for most people.

The one main problem is that overdoses are way too easy with 5-MeO-DMT. You might try 5 mg sublingually and think “WOW that was fantastic”, and feel very comfortable at that dose and then try 10 mg thinking it would be about twice as potent and then to your surprise you’re completely floored by it and utterly terrified. 5-MeO-DMT tends to be creepy at high doses, but at the right dose it’s fantastic sublingually.

Seriously start low with this, it looks fairly impure so you'll probably get less 5-meo-dmt effect from a given quantity than with pure stuff but you really don't want to take a heavy overdose of it. Looks like you've got quite a bit so I'd start off with a few little . sized specks in a pipe (smoked inbetween some herb matter). With pure 5meo thats enough for me to feel a bit of a bodyrush.

Back
Top Bottom