Hello everyone! My name is Euphor. I am embarking on post-graduate study in cultural anthropology and I'm considering shifting my focus towards the anthropology of consciousness.
I never thought I would be joining a forum dedicated to any kind of psychedelic substance. In fact, part of me feels as though there isn't much logical reason for me to do so at this moment in time. I have no intention of using DMT or any other drug any time soon. I am not ready and it will take a lot of time for me to be ready. Maybe years. I'm not going to rush the experience. However, it is becoming increasingly clear to me that my interest in following this pathway has grown and will continue to do so. Over the past week or so I have been surfing various message boards, reading various websites, and doing a lot of self-reflection. I'm learning a lot but I have so much more to learn.
This place (DMT Nexus) feels like the most put-together, wise, rational, and community-based place I've so far come across. Combined with my particular interest in DMT, it just feels like I should join and introduce myself. Whether I post much at all after that remains to be seen. I do not have much to contribute, having never experienced DMT, LSD, or any other such substance. So my contributions could only be minimal. However, for whatever reason, I am compelled to make this post. If that's all that happens, so be it. Perhaps it is simply a post I need to make for myself. I have a lot of thoughts that I need to work through, and writing them down will help me to organise and assess them better.
So what brings me here? The answer is complex, multi-faceted. Life brings me here. My entire past brings me here. As I write this I feel a strange sense of calmness and wisdom that is peculiar to this moment. I didn't feel it when I woke up this morning, or as I have gone about my business throughout the morning. It's only now, as I reflect on why I'm doing this and where my future could take me from this point on, that I have entered this state. It is one of awareness; awareness of my own power and connectivity with the universe around me. It doesn't always come so easily, but it has always been there. I feel as though it will always be there.
Years ago I called it my quiet fire — a knowledge burning at my core, slowly burning, being stoked every once in a while by insight and reflection. Perhaps it will be DMT that brings this quiet fire roaring to life, engulfing me. Perhaps not. I don't wish to put any conditions or expectations on the experience. I've done it before in a different context (still along my spiritual pathway) and been devastated because my expectations were not fulfilled. I will not do it again.
Why DMT? I think it's largely due to the fact that I have noticed a series of synchronicities revolving around my academic progression (and therefore one of my main dedications I n life), aspects that initiated my spiritual progression in the first place, and some things I have learned about DMT. But besides that, the fact that I feel some kind of nascent affinity towards DMT is maybe in itself enough. The more affinity I feel towards a substance, the more natural the process is going to feel. In theory.
I think that will do for now. Maybe I will be around, maybe I won't. Thanks for allowing me to post this either way
I never thought I would be joining a forum dedicated to any kind of psychedelic substance. In fact, part of me feels as though there isn't much logical reason for me to do so at this moment in time. I have no intention of using DMT or any other drug any time soon. I am not ready and it will take a lot of time for me to be ready. Maybe years. I'm not going to rush the experience. However, it is becoming increasingly clear to me that my interest in following this pathway has grown and will continue to do so. Over the past week or so I have been surfing various message boards, reading various websites, and doing a lot of self-reflection. I'm learning a lot but I have so much more to learn.
This place (DMT Nexus) feels like the most put-together, wise, rational, and community-based place I've so far come across. Combined with my particular interest in DMT, it just feels like I should join and introduce myself. Whether I post much at all after that remains to be seen. I do not have much to contribute, having never experienced DMT, LSD, or any other such substance. So my contributions could only be minimal. However, for whatever reason, I am compelled to make this post. If that's all that happens, so be it. Perhaps it is simply a post I need to make for myself. I have a lot of thoughts that I need to work through, and writing them down will help me to organise and assess them better.
So what brings me here? The answer is complex, multi-faceted. Life brings me here. My entire past brings me here. As I write this I feel a strange sense of calmness and wisdom that is peculiar to this moment. I didn't feel it when I woke up this morning, or as I have gone about my business throughout the morning. It's only now, as I reflect on why I'm doing this and where my future could take me from this point on, that I have entered this state. It is one of awareness; awareness of my own power and connectivity with the universe around me. It doesn't always come so easily, but it has always been there. I feel as though it will always be there.
Years ago I called it my quiet fire — a knowledge burning at my core, slowly burning, being stoked every once in a while by insight and reflection. Perhaps it will be DMT that brings this quiet fire roaring to life, engulfing me. Perhaps not. I don't wish to put any conditions or expectations on the experience. I've done it before in a different context (still along my spiritual pathway) and been devastated because my expectations were not fulfilled. I will not do it again.
Why DMT? I think it's largely due to the fact that I have noticed a series of synchronicities revolving around my academic progression (and therefore one of my main dedications I n life), aspects that initiated my spiritual progression in the first place, and some things I have learned about DMT. But besides that, the fact that I feel some kind of nascent affinity towards DMT is maybe in itself enough. The more affinity I feel towards a substance, the more natural the process is going to feel. In theory.
I think that will do for now. Maybe I will be around, maybe I won't. Thanks for allowing me to post this either way