• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Psychedelic pioneer Ralph Metzner recently died

Migrated topic.

downwardsfromzero

Boundary condition
R.I.P. Ralph Metzner...
ralph_metzner.jpg
ralph_metzner-250x250.jpg

Ralph Metzner was at the forefront of the psychedelic movement since its beginning in the mid 1960s. He was researching the therapeutic potential of psilocybin and LSD before the general public was even aware it existed. In the 1970s his exploration reoriented toward transformations of consciousness induced by practices such as yoga, meditation, alchemy, and new psychotherapeutic methods using deep altered states. Later on, he became intensely interested in shamanic practices of indigenous Mesoamerican and Amazonian peoples.

Having just stumbled across this article, it seemed to me to be more than worthy of being noted here at the Nexus.

(And should this prove to be the wrong subforum for this, feel free to move it :) ]

R.I.P. Ralph Metzner...
ralph_metzner.jpg
ralph_metzner-250x250.jpg

Having just stumbled across this article, it seemed to me to be more than worthy of being noted here at the Nexus.

(And should this prove to be the wrong subforum for this, feel free to move it :) ]
Sadly almost all of the old pioneer generation are gone now.
I will always cherish my old copy of Metzner's book "Teonanacatl - Sacred Mushroom of Visions".
He at least got to see the full circle of the psychedelic research renaissance which he helped start.
I am sure he is doing well now wherever he is.

Back
Top Bottom