• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Questions for Parent Psychonauts

For the upcoming Nexian article on being both a parent and psychonaut, I'm reaching out to see if there are any parents who would be interested in contributing 😃 @Subtlevibrations, @Transform, and @psychonuaghty have agreed to answer questions on this topic, but if anyone else wants in, this is your chance!

I'll be submitting some questions of my own to get it started, and interviews will be performed once we have enough - hopefully at some point in the next two weeks. The plan is for a written interview, let me know if you have any preferences.

Submit questions in this thread.

What misconceptions exist around being a psychonaut as a parent?

Is your use of psychedelics something you feel you have to hide from other people? How has that changed in the past few years?

How should parents approach the topic of psychedelics with their children, if at all?

How has being a psychonaut changed your style of parenting? If you’d never used psychedelics, how different would your life be?

Is meditation, or other non-drug related psychonaut practices, things you introduced to your kids, or have you left them to their own devices when it comes to mindfulness?

Yeah, love the thematic.

As a parent myself, I could maybe contribute, but thing is the same as subtlevibrations mentioned: it is in some kind manipulating to ask questions and give the answers at the same time.

So for the moment I have no real questions prepared.

But interesting would be to take a look on the presence of children in ceremonial work with psychedelics. I have seen a lot of them around. My daughter has participated in ceremonies almost since her birth.

And groups like Santo Daime even make baptism and the children learn from early on to be present in ceremonies, even drink, sometimes conduct them. That is one thing.

On the other hand, how much are spaces like psytrance festivals child friendly?

Should children see adults in alternate states of consciousness? Or not?

Is interference with the outside world difficult? I remember a story from a friend where his child of seven years speaks a bit to openly about his marijuana consumption at school, with logically quite some problems following 😅

I would love that there are a lot of parent psychonauts participating, even just with their personal experience in one or two questions. We are all so different in our surroundings and same on the human side of things.

As a parent myself, I could maybe contribute, but thing is the same as subtlevibrations mentioned: it is in some kind manipulating to ask questions and give the answers at the same time.
I'd love for you to contribute if you'd be willing to take the time!

I can see why it would be odd to answer your own questions, but at the same time, I think it's also good if you have something to say that nobody else asked about, so I'm not against it. For example - every single topic you gave. I didn't even consider instances like the Santo Daime in regards to children taking psychedelics, or even the Selcoya in Ecuador who will give it to their babies. It'd certainly be an interesting topic for a psychonaut parent's perspective on.

Are you looking for folks to add questions flagella? Or are you hoping for answers to the questions you posted?
I will answer as Flagella is away until 6/24.
Add your own questions here, questions that you would like a psychonaut parent to answer. If you yourself are a psychonaut parent, we would love for you to answer the questions later, privately and individually, once all of the questions are drafted <3

My relationship with psychedelics began when I was thirteen when I first started smoking cannabis, dropping tabs of lsd, and eating grams of shrooms motivated by rebelling against all norms. I was brought up without a father and raised by my single workaholic mother which gifted me a strong connection with myself and the invisible world. There's a cost for this gift which is called complex ptsd. At my worst I struggle to relate to others am distant and mistrustful of others. At my best I am a go getter motivated to socialize with like minded people.

Years back my mom had gastric bypass where I was able to open up to her about my mushroom use and how it has improved my quality of life by decreasing my migraines.

The one person I can call my dad struggled with his alcoholism and passed away the year I turned 21. Before he got sick we were able to bond over beers, weed, and smoking mushrooms. I was used to eating them but he didn't saying it was like being in a looney tunes episode. Couldn't imagine what he would think of a dmt breakthrough.

My first acid trip was filled with fear, paranoia, and awe dosing two double dipped black pyramids from the early 90's with some shady friends. I later began to dose more regularly solo to earn the name from my closest friend who also liked to dose as the fry daddy.

Once I met my wife and stepson I began to grow my own mushrooms on the downlow even though my step son found them in between flushes but still suspicious. Just told him they were sclerotia and left it at that. I was dosing them without telling my wife and step son under the guise of being drunk from beer. Remember waking my wife up in the middle of the night with the giggles one time to be scorned for being too loaded when my daughter was a baby.

Then comes dmt after my weed dealer at the time introduced it to me. My wife was like your never going to be the same after I told her I tried it. I told her your right I'm not but in a good way, you'll see. She was understandably traumatized because of her brother almost succumbing to pills and coke.

With my daughter I haven't hid my cannabis and mushroom grows from her and have further explored and tried to prolong her connection with nature and her relationship with her inner child in this fast paced highly digital world that is quick to strip ones innocence at every turn. I had to grow up quick and fend for myself with distant parents which created much harm along the way. It breaks my heart to think of what I had to go through to give my daughter a shot at a reasonable life here.

How does a parents belief that there are other dimensions, and that the material world is only one iteration of existence affect how and what they teach their child in relation to what is important to do or not do.
Is traditional education still important, how does the parent impart the importance of work after being touched by esoteric wisdom? How do we instill the child with hope instead of burden them with the futility of everyday life.

I was really touched by the trip report from @Loveall with his parents.
If he is okay with that, maybe it could be included in a way?

I will answer as Flagella is away until 6/24.
Add your own questions here, questions that you would like a psychonaut parent to answer. If you yourself are a psychonaut parent, we would love for you to answer the questions later, privately and individually, once all of the questions are drafted <3
This is a relief, I was concerned that I may have lunched this one out!

Just wanted to drop a line that we will be at a music festival from July 17-21 so I will be away during that time; I would love to be able to respond to the interview questions after the festival, as long as this works for our deadline.
June or July? Hopefully I'll have the interviews ready before July 17, but if you would prefer to answer them after, that would be fine as well.

And thank you for stepping in while I was away 😛❤️

If he is okay with that, maybe it could be included in a way?
For sure, I've already been in contact with Loveall regarding the Nexian on unrelated projects so I hope he'd be willing to share this as well. I'll see what he thinks.

@Kobranek also submitted a short write-up which I'd like to include, so I think it'd be nice to have a few of these interspersed between the interview portions. Thanks for sharing this!

Back
Top Bottom