• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Quick and Easy Changa Preparation Guide (pics)

Migrated topic.
mumbles said:
Haha the spice is dissolved in the butane which is a liquid under pressure, butane soaks into the herb, then evaporates. But from the look of things some spice is left on the outside of the leaf which means you'll have to use more butane or give it longer to soak under pressure or something along those lines to make it work. IPA does the job fine but takes longer to evap, stay away from acetone/xylene it stinks.

Thanks!
Swim is new to changa and does not want to fuck up making it.

Camakazi / or anyone else that has done this tek. Does the shredded caapi actually release enough harmala alks to be effective? In other words, does the caapi bark really WORK in place of the leaves? It seems to me that bark would not hold a high enough alkaloid concentration for such small quantities.

On the alcohol note. I bet absinthe would be a good alcohol to use. It would be sticky changa, but it's very high alcohol content, so very little water, and imagine that flavor! 8)

Thanks in advance for anyone who answers my question above.

Peace,
-idt

The Caapi vine actually has a higher concentration of alks than the leaves, but most prefer the leaf because its supposed to taste a lot better than the vine... and smoother on the old breathing sacks. I put equal amounts of powdered and shredded in and it cuts down on harshness and packs more of a caapi punch.

Good shout on the absinthe btw man... I was thinking of using that to perfect the 'van gogh changa'... the taste would be amazing :)

peace!

camakazi said:
The Caapi vine actually has a higher concentration of alks than the leaves
peace!

Unless I'm mistaken, according to Ott's work, the leaves actually have approximately twice the concentration of beta carbolines (harmala alks) of the bark. I've never been able to get leave's to test these findings however, I can only base it on what I've read / heard.

Aside from that, I'm having trouble imagining getting any sort of efficacy from less than say 25 grams of caapi bark (based on my experiences with oral caapi bark tea). Perhaps smoking the bark yields a higher rate of absorption, and thus an apparent increase in potency?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to "call out" your tek. I'm just explaining why I'm confused :? and wondering if I'm missing an important piece to the puzzle...

Peace & Thanks!
-idt

I have a wormwood tincture, made with 151proof grain alkyhall, can I use this?

not sure if it would change it but... i shall try infusing. I know I have some more wormwood,hyssop,mullein,passionflower,everclear soaking in a wine bottle. Gwan make homemade absinthe. (yes i Know there can be more added, I dont like them.)

idtravlr said:
camakazi said:
The Caapi vine actually has a higher concentration of alks than the leaves
peace!

Unless I'm mistaken, according to Ott's work, the leaves actually have approximately twice the concentration of beta carbolines (harmala alks) of the bark. I've never been able to get leave's to test these findings however, I can only base it on what I've read / heard.

Aside from that, I'm having trouble imagining getting any sort of efficacy from less than say 25 grams of caapi bark (based on my experiences with oral caapi bark tea). Perhaps smoking the bark yields a higher rate of absorption, and thus an apparent increase in potency?

Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to "call out" your tek. I'm just explaining why I'm confused :? and wondering if I'm missing an important piece to the puzzle...

Peace & Thanks!
-idt

oooohhhh the beta carbs are SOOOOO much stronger when smoked... goes straight to the brain D. Mckenna points this out in an article... it take much less to get the desired effects.
A small bowl of not even 10x concentrated leaf will do the trick... its pretty unreal.

g1risMethyl said:
I have a wormwood tincture, made with 151proof grain alkyhall, can I use this?

not sure if it would change it but... i shall try infusing. I know I have some more wormwood,hyssop,mullein,passionflower,everclear soaking in a wine bottle. Gwan make homemade absinthe. (yes i Know there can be more added, I dont like them.)

As always really think out the new additions of changa additives. Know you might be the first person in history to have tried a potential combination and that the effects may be highly unpredictable. Know your plants, know your body.

with that caveat... yes that tincture would work.

Tried the butane method with some old spice, and it wouldnt disolve atall. Once it was dry i poured 99%IPA into the jar and all spice disolved in a few seconds without stirring.
I guess this method is great for brand new pure DMT, but for noxide it fails miserably
If i extract some more il try this method again for changa, but IPA works fine and doesnt realy take that long to evap.

Refreshing this topic for continued discussion, I am very accustomed to using butane for BHO extraction (butane hash oil) and would be pleased to use this method applied to changa preparation! so how many of y'all have tried this method?:)

Ive never used this method, but I have read a few reports where the spice doesnt actually infuse into the herb, it just coats it. But then again a few members have had success with this tek. Give it a test and see how it turns out for you.

Back
Top Bottom