• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Reclaiming oil from bong

Migrated topic.

Swinjin

Rising Star
Sorry if this has been asked before. i tried looking but couldn't find a thread about it. I'm looking for a good method of collecting reclaim. I have heard of using everclear but i dont know where i could get it. I have 91% iso available, could this possibly work? Any tips would be appreciated.

If you pick up some MgSO4 (magnesium sulfate) from Walmart or Home Depot (or even better, your local hardware store or brewing supply store) and add it to your isopropyl alcohol, you'll have anhydrous isopropyl alcohol, which would be perfect for your needs. If you can't, for some reason, get a hold of MgSO4, you could use calcium hydroxide, though you could also use your ISO as is, the only downside being residual water in your reclaim which will prevent you from getting a purer and more solid/less oily residue.

Everclear has the added benefit of being foodsafe, though either solvent should do the job. I typically swish small amounts of solvent in the rig repeatedly, combining each pull in a pyrex pie dish from which I let the solvent evaporate over a bowl of freshly boiled water until the pyrex is coated in a film of crystalline product.

Psybin said:
If you pick up some MgSO4 (magnesium sulfate) from Walmart or Home Depot (or even better, your local hardware store or brewing supply store) and add it to your isopropyl alcohol, you'll have anhydrous isopropyl alcohol, which would be perfect for your needs.

How much MgSO4 should I put in the ISO? Thanks for replying.

Back
Top Bottom