• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

reducing untill there is nothing left and then dry tekking it?

Migrated topic.

n0thing

Rising Star
just wondering what y'all think if i reduce my three cooks down to a dry sludge, wait till its cool and base it with ~200 ml of lye water and evaporate the water and run acetone over whats left.

Reasons for considering this:

*acetone holds way more DMT than naphtha does
*acetone is way cheaper than naphtha where i live
*skips the whole evaporation or freeze precip stage (as i can go straight to FASA)
*cant be stuffed with doing naphtha pulls anymore (or any solvent mixing (hence why heptane/xylene is also out of the question))

Boiling it down (without burning it), then adding lye solution and letting that dry will take more time than freeze precipitation, which is also a shorter route if your desired end product is freebase.

Dryteks are frowned upon, being associated with commercially motivated large scale extractions, which we certainly don't want to see here.

pitubo said:
Boiling it down (without burning it), then adding lye solution and letting that dry will take more time than freeze precipitation, which is also a shorter route if your desired end product is freebase.

Dryteks are frowned upon, being associated with commercially motivated large scale extractions, which we certainly don't want to see here.

Yeah ok, i thought it might. But, there isn't as much effort as there is within having to do pulls so many times and keep putting it in the freezer. I'd much prefer to set and forget about it for a few days while it dries.

Are you talking about the proper dry teks in the wiki or my idea of a drytek here (essentially a/b but remove bark after cooking)?
Also, why are dryteks associated with large scale extractions? I have just read both Q21Q21's tek and also Amor fati's tek and don't see how that functions because the proportions of the bark would far outweigh the proportions of solvent? (at least if you didn't do the acid cooks like both dryteks state).
In other words, if you worked on 1kg of bark, you would eventually boil that down to 1L and use less solvent than you would on a large scale drytek?
Also, why do the teks call for lime "THIS TEK WILL NOT WORK WITH LYE, IT IS ONLY MADE FOR LIME" where lye would work fine? The reasons supplied in the tek seemed to be concerned with safety only.

Those questions aside, i am just trying to find a way to use acetone only as the solvent but the dry teks aren't truly dry so it wouldn't work due to its polar nature.

I'd worry about lye and acetone reacting.

It is an interesting idea though. I would try to soak the plant material in acetoe (>90%) and sodium carbonate water solution. After a long resting time, recover the acetone and dry it with epson salt (this should crash out the sodium carbonate too). Then FASA.

Anyone see any issues with this? Has it already been tried?

Back
Top Bottom