• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

RIP Anthony Bourdain <3

Migrated topic.

Esteemed member
Anthony Bourdain Found Dead at 61

Article said:
Celebrated chef and BJJ blue belt Anthony Bourdain has been found dead in a suicide by hanging on June 8, 2018, in his hotel room in Strasbourg, France. Bourdain was filming an episode of Anthony Bourdain: Parts Unknown.

Bourdain took up bjj when he was 58. Thanks to bjj he slimmed down 30lbs/14 kgs. He received a blue belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu in August 2015 and won gold at the IBJJF New York Spring International Open Championship 2016, in the Middleweight Master 5 (age 56 and older) division.

also (this might've what broke the camels back):

Article said:
in 2016, Biurdain divorced his wife Ottavia Busia (who ended up dating Renzo Gracie teammate Eddie Cummings). The couple had a daughter. Bourdain stated that that having to be away from his wife and child for about 250 days a year working on his television shows became a strain.

Sad to hear this, I loved his travels and cooking ventures, also some pretty awesome podcasts with him also. Sad day for the BJJ community as well. His full in depth story behind his journey with getting into BJJ so late in his life was pretty fascinating to me.

You'll definitely be missed.

Would it of been possible for him to quit the tv show and go back to his wife and kids though? Perhaps contracts prohibited him? Makes me consider if he saw the only way out as suicide? Do you think he divorced her because he couldn't be there?

Always so much speculation around suicides. Especially someone with "so much". Yes, sad. He was in pain, period.

I just discovered he was a heroin addict. He had always struck me as an arrogant prick, now i get it.

Now i like him. Again, sad.

Back
Top Bottom