• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

salvia cuttings help

Migrated topic.
glad your salvia plants pulled through. If you were in the Uk, I was fully prepared to post you a cutting (at no cost) :)

Thats a very generous offer shoe, but my little girls are still truckin along.And im in Texas anyway.

If anyone has any experiences with fresh leaf I would love to hear them.

When should i expect to see roots forming on the cutting that is in water?

And when roots form how do i know when to transplant into soil?

1 leaf are you extra sensitive to salvia,or did it gain potency as it got older, what strain was it?

You'd be really surprised how potent fresh Salvia is (or freshly dried).

When should i expect to see roots forming on the cutting that is in water?

About 1-3 weeks after you first put it in water, I'd say.

And when roots form how do i know when to transplant into soil?

I have left a cutting of Salvia in water for 3 months! Just leave it in there until it has BIG roots!

[quote='Coatl]
1 leaf are you extra sensitive to salvia,or did it gain potency as it got older, what strain was it?

You'd be really surprised how potent fresh Salvia is (or freshly dried).

have you ever gotten anything from 1 leaf are these gigantic leaves? I'm excited I got 3 plants going myself 1 seems to be exploding with growth!

shoe said:
glad your salvia plants pulled through. If you were in the Uk, I was fully prepared to post you a cutting (at no cost) :)
I wouldn't mind a couple if you have them spare (I would even pay for postage). All my cuttings were decimated during the bad frosts at the beginning of the year.:( :(

We're not a trading site, but I do have a few I could offer to anybody in the U.S.

Perhaps we should ask if we can have a single thread for trading?

Somebody post if they feel the need.

I reckon a trading thread could be interesting and quite productive. I only asked shoe because he was offering and the fact of watching 20-odd cuttings turn black and die over the course of a few days makes your heart sink to a low ebb.

How about it traveler - A trading thread?

Back
Top Bottom