• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

San Francisco, the Shipibo village. Peru

Migrated topic.

olympus mon

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
Here's a few from the village im staying in working with ayahuasca and the shaman's.

Attachments

• IMG_2190.JPG
    IMG_2190.JPG
    973.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2188.JPG
    IMG_2188.JPG
    686.2 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2191.JPG
    IMG_2191.JPG
    630.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2192.JPG
    IMG_2192.JPG
    713.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2196.JPG
    IMG_2196.JPG
    986.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2201.JPG
    IMG_2201.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2219+-+Copy.JPG
    IMG_2219+-+Copy.JPG
    572.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2227+-+Copy.JPG
    IMG_2227+-+Copy.JPG
    630.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2237.JPG
    IMG_2237.JPG
    469.8 KB · Views: 0
Nice! This is the first time I have seen Shipibo art and I'm looking to buy a tapestry for my wall now. It looks like such an incredible place!

endlessness said:
Very nice pics oly!

So Im wondering, how many shipibos are converted to adventist (or other religions) ?

Interesting that even the adventist church has the shipibo art...
thanks endless, well you know central and south america. its all very, very,jesus-y. Almost always catholicism but since the other sects of christianity were more tolerant allowing the shipibo to keep some of their customs and traditions the evangelical churches did much better out here than did the Vatican.

To answer your question i dont know for sure i can only give you my perception. It appears to me that its probably 2/3rd's are christian. however for South America that's a very low number and to be honest this is the first place ive been thats not totally dominated by christianity in all my travels.

Iquitos is similar but has more catholic's than here.

Hey olympus,
Were did you take those great pictures?
Im planning to travel around Peru and Brazil in a little while, so I would highly appreciate if you could suggest me a couple of places :)

The Shipibo artwork is so amazing. The patterning is telling of their experience with Aya and the Spice.

I keep forgetting to ask you this, but I'm curious. Do the Shipibo do much work with cebil / vilca bufotenine preparations?

One day i hope to goto San Francisco to drink with my buddies. I may do it this time, i may not. But whatever, Life's short DRINK MOAR!!!:d

Back
Top Bottom