• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Shroom Tea Questions

Migrated topic.
Not to say that any of this info is bad or wrong, but I did not steep or reduce heat that much. All that is needed is broken up mushrooms, not even powdered. I add three cups of water, bring to a boil, and throw the mushrooms in. I do not completely remove from the heat however, and keep it on the lowest heat setting. I found the colder water allows faster oxidizing, which makes the tea inactive. Every time I have steeped, it turns blue and never works. But throwing directly into boiling water and turning to low heat gave me the most profound experience I have had from an eighth of mushrooms. The boiling water is not enough heat to destroy the Psilocybin IMO.

When I make tea I first get the water up to boiling, then I turn the heat off and remove the pot with the water allowing it to cool for approximately one minute. While it cools I prepare a cup with the ground/powdered mushrooms. I add cold water first, just enough to submerge the mushrooms (a dash of lemon or pinch of vitamin c here helps keep things from oxidizing), this allows them to rehydrate without being singed by the heat. I then add the heated water and let sit for around 3-5 minutes. Finally, I strain out the mushrooms with a tea strainer and enjoy. This is my method for all herbal teas.

Maybe it's just me, but I found tea that is boiled on the stove is significantly weaker than tea prepared with the steeping method.

I've never made mushroom tea before, I always just ate them straight (aside from once I tossed a bunch in some veggie pasta).

Earlier tonight I read about a lemon tek and decided to grind up a gram and try a lemon shot. Then I started reading about tea and decided... maybe I'll drop my lemon juice into a cup of hot water and steep them.

Anyway, waiting for the little ones to go to bed first. The shrooms are chilling in a shot glass in lemon juice for now. I'll report back with results tomorrow :)

Powder mushrooms. Stir into fruit yogurt, berry or other strong flavor preferred. Let sit for 2 or 3 minutes to soften and hydrate mushrooms. Eat. No lost goodness and almost no mushroom taste.

My experience with "extracts" like lemon juice (or alcohol extract) is that these methods are stronger and hit you faster, so please count with this.

Alcohol extract from 2g once hit me me like 3g+. I think it has something to do with the liquid being digested faster than solids, so there is less tolerance being built during the digestion.

edge2054 said:
I'll report back with results tomorrow :)

Looking forward to your report :thumb_up:

Michal_R said:
My experience with "extracts" like lemon juice (or alcohol extract) is that these methods are stronger and hit you faster, so please count with this.

Yeah, this was what I was going for. I had a gram left of some really potent first pull penis envy 'mutants'. Little buttons basically that didn't take on full mushroom structure.

Anyway the process did seem to increase the bio-availability. I dosed around 10pm and with in fifteen minutes could feel it, another fifteen and the come up anxiety and fear kicked in (which I recognized and let go). The peak lasted maybe an hour or an hour and a half. Around 12:30 or so I smoked some weed and laid down with my wife.

I've tried to put the actual experience into words several times but keep deleting it and retyping. It was a very life affirming trip, possibly the most profound mushroom trip I've ever had and ranking up there with threshold DMT experiences (only lasting much longer and much more maneuverable).

All of that said, I think I'm getting better at tripping. Which is to say, as I get older I'm finding I can get a lot more out of much smaller doses then I did when I was younger. I'm able to recognize the fear and move past it and get into some really deep and beautiful OEVs and CEVs as I contemplate the nature of myself and the universe. So I have to take that into account with what I experienced last night.

But the come up was much faster then what I'd experienced with these same mushrooms a few days prior. So the tea process is doing something for sure.

edge2054 said:
Earlier tonight I read about a lemon tek and decided to grind up a gram and try a lemon shot. Then I started reading about tea and decided... maybe I'll drop my lemon juice into a cup of hot water and steep them.
This is what I'll be doing for my birthday next weekend. :) Should be a great time!

Back
Top Bottom