• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Smoked freebase DMT w/MAOI

Migrated topic.

Viracocha

..still lc..
Has anyone tried this?

I'm dreaming of enhancing leaf with dmt AND harmala alks
how would that smoke up?

harmala would come from syrian rue

at what levels would you mix? 1:1:1 ?
spice to leaf 1:1 is a solid performer, little needed for full effects
but smoked spice to harmala at 1:1 is that too much harmal?

50-75mgs of freebase harmala alkaloids (smoked) is usually enough for full mao inhibition. It can be mixed, although I usually smoke the maoi first. If I were to premix it, I would go with a 2:1:1 ration (harmala, dmt, leaf) as 50mgs harmala, 25 mgs spice would be plenty for a full breakthough experience.

Let us know what seems to work best.

As long as it is indeed MAOinhibiting, then yes, by all means. Really anything with an MAOI effect will work. Just so long as our wonderful dimethyltryptamine isn't eaten by the malicious monoamineoxidase ;)

You might have trouble getting that much stuff into the leaf, perhaps it would require smoking a bigger cone or perhaps two real fast, give it a try ^_^

I don't know precisely how much harmala ~base~ I actually smoked, but I went through the tek for freebase harmala listed in under Extraction Teks here in the forum. Then about half an hour or so before smoking the Spice, I smoked a fare bowl that gave me a very decent and relaxing buzz. Then 5 minutes before smoking the spice, I smoked about half a bowl (I just put some mint in the bottom of the bowl first because the harmala crap has a tendency to clog it up but it's just the same thing I'd smoke the green out of). When I smoked the Spice, I loaded 45mg and it was very nice for about an hour and a half with about 45 minutes of visuals. And the sex was awesome, although, admittedly, with the MAOI's in my system it was sometimes difficult to keep an erection.

lol when did we start talking about sex?? :lol:

I guess i'll just have to play around, but good suggestion with the ratios acolon.
Hopefully the freebase harmalas are soluble in either acetone or IPA (for embedding into leaf) as long as they are I think harmala leaf-enhancement should be achievable.

I think the lift off would take on an interesting aspect if both are combined and smoked together because as the dmt is working so will the MAOI, possibly making for a shit scary intensified ramp up.. hmm, nah it'll be ok 😉

Yes .. 'seeing' the two ingredients hit together, or alternating one-after-the-other, could be interesting !

I don't know anything about smoked MAOIs (yet, just rue-seed in juice...) but let me ask about the effects and the "ramp up" experience - don't you all find that MAOIs tend to ease the entry-phase?.

Isn't it true that with an MAOI 'primer' strong enough to work 'well', then the entry-phase is marvelously 'easier' .?. the layers are held together looser, the veil is 'less-dense' ... it might be described as way less-scary, 'ramped down' compared to a non-MAOI launch - you are lubed appart already with MAOIs...

I'd say the non-maoi launch is like a 'tearing' appart - a waxing of reality .. or it's like tearing into something with no buffers. But the +MAOI-in-juice experience is like hitting a softened, 'jello' veil, separating gently more decratively around you ... definately 'warmer' in all aspects of feeling and senses.

But is this the same for smoked MAOI - ?

Coschi said:
lol when did we start talking about sex?? :lol:

I guess i'll just have to play around, but good suggestion with the ratios acolon.
Hopefully the freebase harmalas are soluble in either acetone or IPA (for embedding into leaf) as long as they are I think harmala leaf-enhancement should be achievable.

I think the lift off would take on an interesting aspect if both are combined and smoked together because as the dmt is working so will the MAOI, possibly making for a shit scary intensified ramp up.. hmm, nah it'll be ok 😉

I've been experimenting and I think I just about have a balance I really like. I've just used the dirt like harmaloid freebase and mixed it with mint leaves. Currently it is between one third harmaloid base and half and half. Now, according to how pure your freebase is will obviously determine how much to use. So the basic rule I use, half an hour before hand I smoke enough to get a nice pleasant buzz off the harmaloid smoke. Then, immediately before smoking the spice, I smoke enough to bring my buzz back. Then I immediately smoke the spice in the li'l hammer. The li'l hammer lets me fit 50mg of white spice in my lungs with a single hit.

Actually, it's not scary intensified. It's more leveled and not quite as overwhelming. It still comes on fairly quick but not as quickly. Instead of obliteration between the 30 second mark and 45 second mark, that 15 second climb is spread out over about a minute or two. Full effect sets in and a steady climb for a 5 to 10 minutes till peak is reached. Peak lasted about 45 minutes. And I was still feeling the pleasant effects as much as 2 hours after the spice.(I will write about my most recent experience doing this when I get the time.)

Using the harmaloid freebase with 55-60mg of spice the 45 minute peak was "comparable" to that of the 5 minute peak of about 35-40mg of spice not assisted by harmaloids. I say "comparable" because it is changed quite a bit. But it was not nearly as scary overwhelming as strait spice. It was more balanced.

I will note this. It seems I can get this to last 1 to 2 hours but in order to do so you have to rest 3 or 4 days between otherwise, it just doesn't seem to take off as well or last as long.

wow thanks for that EZ 😉

so do you prefer the 1:1 or 1:2 ratio better?

Hey, for science sake and all, feel like doing an experiment for the good community?
try 1:1:1 or similar and let us know how it differs from harmala preloading

Coschi said:
wow thanks for that EZ 😉

so do you prefer the 1:1 or 1:2 ratio better?

Hey, for science sake and all, feel like doing an experiment for the good community?
try 1:1:1 or similar and let us know how it differs from harmala preloading

Well, obviously the harmaloid freebase I'm smoking at the moment isn't the most pure. There are certainly a lot of oils in it. Needless to say, it will clog up a pipe pretty quick, and it does burn, melt, and smoke, but I have to keep lighting it. I pretty much went through the harmaloid tek here but I didn't actually do the "further purification" process mentioned. Initially, I just wanted to make sure that I could come up with it. I definitely needed the initial practice so now I have a better idea how the process works and next time it will definitely be more pure. As it stands, I'm pretty much smoking (rough guess) about 5 times the weight of harmaloid base than that of the Spice. But in order to do so, I have to have enough mint to keep it all burning. I've found that 2/3rds mint leaf and 1/3rd harmaloid dirt keeps it burning well enough to smoke rolled to a joint.

I've learned that if you just get a harmala buzz from smoking it (which by it's self is actually quite pleasant and relaxing), and if the buzz goes away within half an hour smoke a little more to keep the buzz. Keep track of how much you smoke and then immediately before smoking the spice, smoke about the same amount that you had within the last half hour to 45 minutes or so.

Regardless, I think the idea is to have enough harmala in your system to last for however long you want to walk the Spice plane. I am considering loading 2 hammers with 50mg and having an extra harmaloid joint and in the middle of it, smoke another harmaloid joint and then do the second 50mg hammer and see how it turns out.

As for mixing the spice with other things, I find it much easier to smoke alone in the li'l hammer. It goes down smooth and I can fill my lungs with 45-50mg with one toke. It seems every time I put the spice on ash or mint, I end up throwing up at the end. But if I smoke it strait and clean, I have no problems.

Other than that, I am yet to try the pharmahuasca route, but I will eventually. I would just like to find out a little bit more about it and about what to expect. I think I've read of it lasting as much as 4 to 6 hours. I certainly wouldn't want to overdo it and take a 6 hour horror ride.

... and what's a "45 minute peak' >!? really ?! Wow !

Is this from smoking a monster 65mg dmt hit after saturating yourself with smoked Harmala extract..?! Good job ! Can you describe it a little - how tranced-out were you in that 45 min - you were lying down ? ... What could you remember, and did the MAOIs help you recall/memorize the 'peak' any better ?

Throwing up from vapouized dmt - how soon into the launch ..!? is it impurities, burnt dmt, or maybe you're sensitive..? You need a bib on your hyperspace suit ! Pharmahuasca on an empty stomach makes me wretch sometimes too, but how do you 'inhale' to get a stomach spasm going - by gulping off the vapourizer !?.

When we talk about the 'peak' of a dmt trip, it makes me remember that Gracie and Zarkov article where they said that even if they were on strong MAOI (Rue seed was the best one), the 'trance' or hyperspace-zone-out never exceeded 9 minutes. As though there is a 9 minute limit or 'barrier'. Anyone else experience this..?

El Ka Bong said:
... and what's a "45 minute peak' >!? really ?! Wow !

Is this from smoking a monster 65mg dmt hit after saturating yourself with smoked Harmala extract..?! Good job ! Can you describe it a little - how tranced-out were you in that 45 min - you were lying down ? ... What could you remember, and did the MAOIs help you recall/memorize the 'peak' any better ?

Nah, I have tried it out w/ harmaloid freebase assisted Spice 5 or 6 times, with 2 experiences where the tryp lasted almost an hour and 1 lasted over an hour. Additionally, there was a very good body feeling as much as 2 hours after the initial smoke. As far as I can tell, the only way I can get it to last in the hour range is by going clean for 5 to 9 days. It seems if a fair tolerance is built similar but not as persistent as the same manner when you take LSD. Otherwise, it seems if I have used either the Spice or the harmaloids or both anytime within the past 5 days or so, then the harmaloid assisted Spice lasts about 20 minutes or so.

As for the dosage, I like about 50mg or so. I will soon be posting my experience about 55mg of pure white Spice assisted with harmala freebase but it was such a beautiful and spiritual experience that it has taken quite a bit so far to get half way through the writing of it. I will note that on 40mg of spice assisted w/ harmaloid, I had a very pleasant visual experience and it lasted almost an hour. That particular time it oral sex was the most interesting and awesome that I have ever had. That experience will be posted eventually as well. It wasn't nearly intense and in fact it was pretty much normal life with a nice body feeling and some visual hallucinations of those pink lips that were very ... wow.

I keep records shortly after in case of need for recall but for the most part, my problem hasn't been having problems recalling the experiences. In fact, the problem has been just the opposite, I can't get it out of my mind and I keep processing it and replaying it in my head for days afterwards.

I will also note, that I have been experimented with a few purification methods and I am fairly certain that with the exception of my angelic white powder, the rest has a certain amount of jungle spice in it. So, as of the moment I'm not sure how much of an affect that has had but I will be exploring that further in the future.

El Ka Bong said:
Throwing up from vapouized dmt - how soon into the launch ..!? is it impurities, burnt dmt, or maybe you're sensitive..? You need a bib on your hyperspace suit ! Pharmahuasca on an empty stomach makes me wretch sometimes too, but how do you 'inhale' to get a stomach spasm going - by gulping off the vapourizer !?.

As for throwing up, I don't actually throw up if I haven't eaten for 3 or 4 hours. But I still get the dry heaves and it's worse than throwing up. I suspect it might be psychological because the only time I heave is if I put the the Spice on something else like ash or leaf, but especially cigarette ash. Nonetheless, the heaves only seem to come on the way down from the tryp so it is usually near the end. As long as I smoke the Spice strait it's wonderful.

El Ka Bong said:
When we talk about the 'peak' of a dmt trip, it makes me remember that Gracie and Zarkov article where they said that even if they were on strong MAOI (Rue seed was the best one), the 'trance' or hyperspace-zone-out never exceeded 9 minutes. As though there is a 9 minute limit or 'barrier'. Anyone else experience this..?

When I talk about the peak of a trip it is the highest point that you can get. Usually, the peak has a plateau for a while. Like any psychedelic that lasts a significant time you climb up to a certain point and you stay there for a while then you come down. Usually the peak is really just the highest plateau that is slightly curved.

You start out with a steep climb then it tapers off and the climb is much less noticeable, if it is noticed at all. Then when it has reached it's "literal" peak it begins to decline unnoticeable until it starts to fall a little faster. If you refer to the peak as the single highest point then all peaks last for only a fraction of a second. But generally, when referring to the peak of a tryp it is actually that highest plateau.

Would you guys suggest with or without a MAOI for a first time smoked DMT exp? For SWIM who has used aya extensively, and is keen to properly break through.

I'd love to get back to defining a 'proper' breakthrough ... please tell us more about it hyperspace psychonauts !

But I vote to do an MAOI ! It guarantees a breakthrough - no fumbling for a big enough dose...! Never mind if you're a noob' or not, it's the way to do it, and the vapourized dmt trip is 'lacking' without an MAOI 'loosener' in you first !

I'd say all noobs ought to do an MAOI before trying any dmt ... those first tentative 10 - 15 mg hits could be as good as 30 mg hits ! And you can just go again at 30 mg if the first training-hit was not enough. The fear factor is way reduced too - MAOIs calm you and so after one 30 mg hit, the way the 'dome'/ veil/playpen appears is much less 'sudden', without such sudden impact you just peel and melt into it...

MAOIs enable a lubricated-entry into each phase of Hyperspace, they enhance recollection of the 'other side' and reduce the dose required to get there by about a half ! And you'll enjoy a 45 - 60 minute ride and re-entry !

Syrian Rue is the easiest way to get a natural, fast acting and safe MAOI in you - 3.5g is a heaping teaspoon full, enough to last 90 - 120 minutes, time enough for at least two majorly-memorizable trips. 30 min before the dmt gets smoked, just drink a filtred, 200 ml lemon juice extract of 3.5 g Rue seed (50 ml juice, 150ml H2O soak and stir for 8 hours).

It's definately, absolutely, guaranteed to 'unveil' for you if you take Rue seed MAOI!

Make freebase rue extract, mix 1:1 put a little alcohol in and smoke 100-150 grams of blend. Maybe add more herb for a 2:1

Now with the freebase harmaloids, how long do the inhibiting effects take to manifest? Immediately, or would I be left with enough time to say, meditate before launch?

Back
Top Bottom