• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

solving the mystery of jungle spice

Migrated topic.
well the ether turned yellow as if it were saturated... swim is going to evap the first pull and try and fasa the 2nd and fasw the third. stay tuned...

100 ml of ether/heptane were added to hot a/b jug completely exhausted of white yellow and red via numerous hot naptha and hot xylene pulls as well as being defatted with xylene and naptha before basification.
the jug is shaken and the layers allowed to separate and a tinted yellow layer rests on top. 50 ml of this yellow ether was evaporated to yield.... an orange/red liquid that won't come close to solidifying and is not even thick in the slightest.
...although...
meanwhile swim takes a 4 or so hour break forgetting about the 50 ml of ether still in the jug... and when checked swim finds the remaining ether has taken on an ORANGE color! note: when more ether was added it didn't take on the orange color but instead reverted to a light yellow/clearish color reminiscent of the first ether pull! swim supposes the ether needs time to absorb all the goodies hiding in the jug...

swim is very excited and is about run fasa on this orange ether!

10 ml of red ether was evaporated to yield a sticky red product... much harder than the previous one...

fasa was added to the other 15 ml of ether turning the solution extremely cloudy on impact... to a much higher degree then swim's latter xylene pulls when hit with fasa...

WTF? swim was confident that jug was cashed, all the white + yellow was pulled with naptha (8 pulls total) and 8 pulls total were done with xylene as well. Either the ether grabbed what the xylene missed (red oxide?) or you are correct about another alkaloid.

swim will update when the fumarate forms and then once again when the freebase is born.

Heretic said:
10 ml of red ether was evaporated to yield a sticky red product... much harder than the previous one...

fasa was added to the other 15 ml of ether turning the solution extremely cloudy on impact... to a much higher degree then swim's latter xylene pulls when hit with fasa...

WTF? swim was confident that jug was cashed, all the white + yellow was pulled with naptha (8 pulls total) and 8 pulls total were done with xylene as well. Either the ether grabbed what the xylene missed (red oxide?) or you are correct about another alkaloid.

swim will update when the fumarate forms and then once again when the freebase is born.
SWIY didn't do the control experiment, i.e. to throw FASA in plain untouched ether to see whether fumaric acid crashes out upon impact. What SWIY may be seeing is just fumaric acid crashing out when FASA is added in ether and not any fumarates.

Fumaric acid does not precipitate out when FASA is added in xylene but it does when FASA is added in naphtha. Maybe same is for ether.

you know I was thinking the exact same thing but dismissed it because after a certain amount of fasa was added the clouds stopped forming like normal, if it were the fasa crashing out wouldn't it keep crashing as long as it was added? (I guess the ratio of fasa and ether might matter...)

.... ok just tested... fumaric acid did not crash when fasa was added to the ether. SCORE!

::edit:: crystals have formed around the side of the bowl, still more time is needed til all precips. From first glance the crystals do remind me of fumaric acid being clear/white but that still doesn't explain why my ether pull was colored orange! I was thinking that maybe the ether was just pulling residual fats and oils but that wouldn't explain why something crashed out of solution... unless ether does make fumaric acid drop out... but I didn't see that happen when fresh ether was mixed with fasa... Only time will tell I suppose

Nice work Heretic... quickly on your way I see... I just thought that I would add that Ether seems to always grab spice from the soup long after naptha has stopped pulling anything. It doen't make a lot of logical sense, i know... but it's true. You probably DO have alot of spice in there... Peace!

k the red ether + fasa precipitated a very small amount of what appears to be jungle fumarate, insoluble in acetone. The ether + fasa still retained a cloudy color so it has been placed under a fan where it is shooting out crystals of something as it evaps lol. idk what to do with these possible fumarates yet.

I just thought that I would add that Ether seems to always grab spice from the soup long after naptha has stopped pulling anything. It doen't make a lot of logical sense, i know... but it's true. You probably DO have alot of spice in there...

In a way it does make sense. Because naptha and hexane do not dissolve that much spice (even if you do many pulls) thats why you can crystallize it. This is why SWIM recommends first doing toluene (or related) pulls to get it all out and then clean it up after with small hexane recrystallizations as needed.

I wonder is fumaric acids are capable of hydrolyzing yureamamine? Perhaps this would require heat though.. or stronger acids. Any ideas?

Im not sure about that burnt, I will look into it. Swim never really worked with Fumaric acid because the two times he tried to buy some (both times from nexus members) he paid , never recieved and became really frustrated. It was never a requirement for anything swim used anyways.

About yuremamine ... it used to often be theorized that this was the substance that led to MHRB being orally active without an external maoi being employed. Swim remembers reading alot of stuff saying that jurema is prepared as a cold decoction because "yuremamine" is destroyed with heat. Also i'm pretty certain I also read that it is destroyed by ph extremes, although I don't ever recall reading any actual proof of this. This is what led me to the discovery of the "other" substance talked about earlier in this thread.

Swim was searching for other alkaloids or substances in the bark and figured the best way to go about it was to first eliminate the possibility of having extracted yuremamine by literally dropping the ph to near 1 and boiling the hell out of it for many hours , then throwing the ph up to near 14. IF - what he had read earlier has any truth to it at all, then the yuremamine should long have been destroyed. (These extremes are not required to extract the substance i am talking about, only what led to the discovery of it.)

Can you shed any light on this subject burnt ? I mean , about the yuremamine and if it is indeed affected by heat or ph extremes?

Peace.

Hmm... way back years ago this swim was the original founder of the (as phlux has coined it the "earwax" alkaloid present in MHRb) . It is CRUCIAL that this material is not confused with the red jungle spice that is pulled via tolulene and or xylene. This material has only been pulled (to the best of my knowledge) by the use of Di-ethyl Ether and Heptane in combo. (swim has never tried them singularly.)

During the first few days after pulling this substance it carries only a heavy body load with NO mental effects whatsoever. However upon aging for several weeks it becomes a powerful mind blowing tryptamine, VERY VERY diffrent in nature to spice or the red jungle spice pulled by xyl or tol.

Swim has been carrying this banner for years trying to draw the line and show that this is a very distinct and different material. He discovered this by using an original tek involving ph extremes and a binary solvent system of Di-ethyl ether and heptane 8-1. This material has never recieved the attention that it so blatently deserves.

Those who explore , would really love to try this. However the nay-sayers out there are always ready to say that "it's mostly dmt, with maybe traces of a beta carboline or something of this nature" . THIS IS NOT TRUE. This material has successfully been extracted by swim dozens of times ... and every time it was completely (within reason and trace amounts) washed free of DMT - Via its insolubility in naptha.

Swim would love to have a sample of this stuff checked out... but doesn't expect to find out what it exactly is for years to come. Its very possible that this material could be partially synthetic , being formed by one of the already present beta carbolines or whatever picking up a group of something during the extraction.. and upon aging ... it could possibly be shedding a group or even picking up another . Perhaps it does pick up something during extraction .. which forms a non-psychoactive substance, and perhaps it sheds it in a diffrent way to form something new, or perhaps the group it picked up acts as a bridge, allowing other molecules present in the air to grab onto it over time.

This is all just speculation ofcourse, but the fact remains this stuff is in there. Swim just saw this as another chance to champion the sacred substance which he has NEVER been able to convince anyone else to give a try pulling. It would def be worth pulling for some real tests. Fuck its worth pulling to smoke ! Somebody , please, someday give this a try and spread the word. I'm tired of fighting this fight alone. YOu will not be dissapointed!

Look at the pics of the first successful pull of this stuff. These pics were taken 27 days after the original pull* (10 + washes with HOT naptha to remove all traces of DMT), at which time they were fully psychadelic, maintained a constant weight and color. Beautiful crystal formations can be seen if you can get this pic in good resolution. Pay no attention to the file name, this was a long time ago when there wasn't any info out there on this subject.

Peace!
I’ve accidentally pulled a lot of this substance by using pure butanol to pull.

Back
Top Bottom