• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Spice Slang

Hyperspace Fool

Rising Star
OG Pioneer
As you can tell, I am rather enjoying this whole Lexicon project.

So, my newest phrase:

=== Spice Slang ===
(noun)
The informal usage in vocabulary and idiom relating to Spice and Hyperspace. It is characteristically more metaphorical, playful, elliptical, vivid, and ephemeral than ordinary language. Use of any terms in the Hyperspace Lexicon in one's speech or writing is an example of Spice Slang. It also includes the purposeful mis-spelling of words for added meaning amongst those in the know. (i.e. smoalk for smoke and moar for more)

Spice Slang can be characterized by the use of vulgar and socially taboo vocabulary alongside its idiomatic expressions... Or not. It is, in practice, the jargon of the particular class or subsection of the population who are interested in, and often regularly partake in the consumption of DMT. It is a flexible and ever expanding set of terminology, and its use can sometimes lead to confusion amongst the un-initiated.

This phrase could also be used as a verb, adjective, or other article of speech.

Interestingly enough, the term slang, on its own, has its roots in the "special vocabulary of tramps or thieves," and grew into the "jargon of a particular profession." First usage in English appears in the mid 1700's. It is likely of Scandinavian source. (cf. Norw. slengenamn "nickname," slengja kjeften "to abuse with words," lit. "to sling the jaw," related to O.N. slyngva "to sling." )

Matching Quote

"All slang is metaphor, and all metaphor is poetry."

-Gilbert Keith Chesterton

Hehe nice one, Hyperspace Fool :)

Just like soldiers, prisoners, teenagers etc. have their own slang, so do we, mind explorers, have our own slang. And to call it Spice Slang is not only right on the spot, but also quit funny as the word ‘spice’ is a slang word by itself :) I like it ;)

Purges said:
Dinkledonk - the genre of music that can only be heard in hyperspace. Bizarre and Joyous.

I dig it. You want to put it up on the Lexicon?

I could do it for you if you want.

I would think that there are a number of genres of music that can only be heard in Hyperspace. No? ;)

Why not?! :d That was the name that sprang to mind after an extended Changa session last night. Seemed quite fitting for the weird jangly music I was hearing :lol:

Back
Top Bottom