• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Stopping Once You Start

Migrated topic.

OpeningPandorasBox

Rising Star
Anyone else find it almost impossible to stop partaking in changa once you get going? I vape mine which makes it even more difficult IMO because you dont ever get sore lungs! I cant even begin to describe how many times the thought "just a little further..." or "maybe ill load it one more time..." have lead to more and more changa.

Has anyone mastered the art of stopping for any other reason than running out of changa!?

I think I have mastered the art of stopping smoking changa because after 15 tokes in 3 hours (experiment of mine, not typical usage) I honestly built a tollerance to the effects and could not get even close to hyperspace anymore. It became to be more like every time I smoked another dose of caapi + dmt I would just have like a 10 minute acid trip.... I did not think there was tollerance associated with DMT before this, but now I most definitely do, as I have experienced it.

Moral of the story, dont smoke more than like 10 times in a night or it loses its effect.

DISCLAIMER = This was not intelligent to be done without intense research and awareness of potential consequences as well as me making the personal choice of whether or not the risks are too great to attempt. DO NOT TRY THIS YOURSELF

(edit; I was not actually smoking changa, but smoking bowls of caapi then spice, took about 15 decent hits over the course of 3 hours, and the first 4 or 5 it kept getting more and more intense, then it slowly started losing its effect and by 15 or so tokes I got bored and decided to come down and go to sleep because it started to seem like I was just wasting spice because no matter how much I smoked it kept having less and less effect after like the first 5 or 6 tokes.)

now the word in the chat room is that the reason it starts losing effect after 4 to 6 doses in a row is because I am not using a GVG. I dont know why my first 4 or 6 doses would work totally fine, then slowly, in a linear fashion begin to decrease in potency just because i am using an oil burner (meth pipe) to smoke out of. Granted I was not taking breakthrough doses at all, just the kind of doses that bring you to the void full of jeweled objects and sometimes to the "cafe at the end of the universe" but never beyond recollection of the fact that Im really in my bed smoking DMT with my eyes closed... so I dont know if I could make it through more than 4 or 6 breakthroughs in a row, I dont think I would want to find out what thats like. But I did smoke a fairly large amount over the course of those 3 hours when I experienced this tollerance, I smoked aproximately half of a gram in 15 tokes (smoked within 10 to 15 minutes one after the other with a few bowls of caapi inbetween and before)

Another Disclaimer = When I say I would love to see people test this I mean In a perfectly controlled world where nothing could go wrong, which is not the case so again, PLEASE DO NOT ATTEMPT TO TEST THIS AT ALL. IT IS STUPID AND SHOULD NOT BE DONE IT IS A TERRIBLE WASTE OF SPICE YOU COULD EXPERIENCE NEGATIVE EFFECTS SUCH AS GETTING STUCK IN ANOTHER DIMENSION, BEING EATEN ALIVE BY LIGHT ORBS, HAVING THOUSANDS OF PENISES FALLING OFF YOUR BODY ALL OVER THE PLACE LIKE DANDRUFF FLOATING ARROUND LIKE THEY ARE MADE OF CLOUDS, OR JUST ENDING UP IN THE HOSPITAL OR THE MORGUE IN THIS DIMENSION. DONT DO IT!

Just thought this should be out there for someone to read it, as in the chatroom It was seemed to be disregarded as untrue. But it is a real life experience that people should read about and be aware of, and I would love to see more people test this to see if they get tollerant of the effects after several consecutive doses, I believe Strassman only tested up to 4 doses within 30 minutes of each other durring his studdies, Maybe tollerance does occur at higher more frequent use as I was smoking every 10 to 15 minutes rather than every 30 minutes, and I smoked about 3, almost 4 times as many times in a row as he did in his studies, I think it should be explored.

Note, this is not trying to start any kind of drama with any of you from the chat room yesterday, dont think it is please. I just think this is something that really should be explored, but I guess I should put a disclaimer so that people dont think its "safe"

ok, I went back and put disclaimers lol.

I know exactly what you mean with "the 1 more hit. . . .1 more hit" lol. Then before you know it 2 hours went by lol. I love it. Almost all my changa sessions are that long. The trick is to end the session with a good breakthrough. Load up a good amount and kill it all fast. If you hit the sweet spot you won't need another hit. You will have a strong sense of fulfillment and can continue on integrating your experience.

There's nothing wrong with smoking back to back. If you abuse the spice it will get ya in the end. No disclaimers needed.

~safe journeys friends

yea...not my experience either, usually if there is an actual breakthrough going on, it's more than enough....

BTW, Strausman's volunteers were not smoking....

WS

Yeah, usually the spice gives me a nudge when it's time for the changa party to come to a close. This can be anything from the walls of eyes saying "It's time to go back now" to a half-hour long schizophrenia-like hell.

Although for a while it was "until I run out". Then I started making bigger batches....

Only if i don't get to the place where i feel i need to be - so unfortunatly, almost every time. But sometimes i just know that this was "it" for today, or i get tired and just stop.

Hmm... totally different for me. Maybe the setting plays a lot, but I hardly smoke more than two-three bowls of changa in a session. So I stop very easily.
Maybe because I live in a share house where I'm the only one to do this. I just feel out of frequency if I dig it to far, too long...

What size doses are being smoked here for so many hours?

I have had a few nights when il smoke alot, but im not smoking to breakthrough, I take a nice stroll through hyperspace, almost at a snails pace.Open eye and closed eye in this state are so nice. Set and setting play a big role here, have some plants around and a mirror nearby.
Il start very low, and gradually go deeper, but man when "that" rip gets me there, I have no inclination to go back.

If you are having a problem stopping smoking the changa, then do one of two things, 1-STOP smoking changa/DMT for a few weeks/months or 2- SMOALK MORE CHANGA:) , and I mean bigger bowls.

When I smoke for an hour or 2 its usually a slow build up with a bunch of sub breakthroughs and end it with a nice deep breakthrough. Its really fun when you ride the edge of your mind. For example you build up to where you take a hit and immediatly your mind wanders like a day dream and zone out. a few seconds later you realize where you are and your smoking changa. Then you take another hit and forget again. Its hilarious.

After this extended mostly oev trip it feels time to breakthrough. Load up a nice dose and kill it. If I hit that spot there is no need to continue. :d

This method may not be for everyone but I enjoy it.

I had some issues today with changa. I sat down with some of the same sacred herb I always smoke, I normally smoke out of a GVG, today I broke out the bong. I smoked and smoked and smoked, finally that little voice sarcasticly asked me if I really wanted to go down this road. I took the hint and stopped. I was sub brekthrough the entire time. It was enjoyable, I guess, but I noticed I was smoking like a fiend. I just wanted to break through. I have allot of shit going on in my life right now. I probably shouldnt have been smoking at all.

Consider making two batches of different concentrations, the "tea-time changa" and the "I'm SURE changa" until you develop a ritual that involves success and cessation. Then when tea-time isn't cutting it, ask yourself...

^ you to?? I smoked for about 1.5 hours today..launch after launch..which is something I have NEVER done..ive never gone more than like 2 or 3 times in a sitting..and it was NOT easy at all..some parts were cosmic bliss..other there pure terror and the deepest states of ego induced sadness along with psycic purging and screaming, moaning, crying and orgasmic like vocals...

I have never looked so deep into my own ego..and had such difficult breakthroughs..

Oh and Rollenberg..you must be burnng your spice bro, becasue I didnt experience tolerance..

I just drank a cup of ayahuasca becasue I really need to be in that state of mind to work through and integrate what I just went through.

When I smoke for an hour or 2 its usually a slow build up with a bunch of sub breakthroughs and end it with a nice deep breakthrough. Its really fun when you ride the edge of your mind. For example you build up to where you take a hit and immediatly your mind wanders like a day dream and zone out. a few seconds later you realize where you are and your smoking changa. Then you take another hit and forget again. Its hilarious.

Yo! I've certainly been there. Can't say it was that great, forgetting is not necessarily THAT fun.

Frequently I keep going on with the changa because some piece of knowledge is being held right in front of me, and it only takes a few more journeys to grasp it. Once it is found, then I can stop for the evening.

fractal enchantment said:
Oh and Rollenberg..you must be burnng your spice bro, becasue I didnt experience tolerance..

Have you ever smoked a half gram in 3 hours? I am curious because so far no one else I have talked to has smoked that much in that short of an amount of time (which surprised me actually) Not a half gram of changa, several bowls of caapi and a half gram of spice to be exact...

I dont think im burning the spice as I have burnt spice in the past when using a lightbulb and know the smell and look of burnt dmt

One thing I have learned is that if it seems to take you more than the rest...your doing something wrong. I had some issues in the past with the spice not fully absorbing into the herbs but instead crystallizing on the outsides. It did not seem to be as effective as I assume the spice was either burning or vaping at a much lower temp than the other actives.

OpeningPandorasBox said:
Anyone else find it almost impossible to stop partaking in changa once you get going? I vape mine which makes it even more difficult IMO because you dont ever get sore lungs! I cant even begin to describe how many times the thought "just a little further..." or "maybe ill load it one more time..." have lead to more and more changa.

Has anyone mastered the art of stopping for any other reason than running out of changa!?

I stop changa when I run out of changa or I cant breathe anymore trick is to only make a small amount of changa so that you run out.

i'm pretty much with WSaged on this one. a true, honest-to-universe breakthrough usually comes with a feeling of completeness when you finally come back. the only times i find myself getting into the repeat hits is when i didn't quite get there...

not that there's anything wrong with having several sub-breakthrough journeys. they can be very illuminating and educational. however, a straight-up departure from self always manages to rock me to my atomic level. going right back makes no sense...

a true breakthrough for me is like the universe filling my cup with ineffible wonder. takes me a good part of the day to drink down that cupful before even considering going back for more.

....but that's just me.... ;)

L&G!!

When I first started making changa a session always ended when I ran out. Its such a tasty mystical and enjoyable smoke I just couldn't help myself.

My good friend and I have gone through at least 2 grams in a session over the course of a few hours smoked in a normal pipe not vaporized.

If I am under the influence of another substance I usually smoke less changa than If its just a pure changa session.

I really think changa is best used as a boost while on mushrooms,pharma or mescaline when you want to go deep.

Back
Top Bottom