• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Science paper Strassman science

Pure science papers to share and discuss.
Anyone read his old melatonin papers? Sorry on my phone so can't link now but would love to hear what people think about this chemical?

Anyone read his old melatonin papers? Sorry on my phone so can't link now but would love to hear what people think about this chemical?
I hadn't heard of this, no. I'm sure you could add a link from the mobile interface if you really tried - I know I have, so it would be great if you could. I'm not sure I have the time to dig up the links for us myself.

I hadn't heard of this, no. I'm sure you could add a link from the mobile interface if you really tried - I know I have, so it would be great if you could. I'm not sure I have the time to dig up the links for us myself

sure thing bud, I'm at my desk now and pulled up this one: Light, melatonin and the sleep-wake cycle.

Turns out Strassman is not just a one trick pony but seems to be a verifiable Pineal Gland genius as a small peruse down his CV proves he might actually be on to something!

1985-1986 Principal Investigator, Lynn Pierson Therapeutic and Research Program, (State funded, DEA-, FDA-, NIDA-approved program to provide marijuana/THC to cancer patients for chemotherapy side effects)

1985-1987 Clinical Associate Physician, National Institute of Health, General Clinical Research Center, University of New Mexico School of Medicine, “Human Psychopharmacology of Melatonin,” Approximately $130,000 total costs

1989-1990 Principal Investigator, Scottish Rite Foundation for Schizophrenia Research, “Human Psychopharmacology and Neuroendocrinology of N, N-Dimethyltryptamine.” Approximately $30,000 total costs

1990-1992 Principal Investigator, National Institute on Drug Abuse, Small Grant (R03) Award, “Human Psychopharmacology and Neuroendocrinology of DMT,” Approximately $150,000 total costs

1993-1995 Principal Investigator, National Institute on Drug Abuse, (R01) Award, “Tryptamine Hallucinogens: Human Neuropsychopharmacology,” Approximately $350,000 total costs

The guy clearly can demonstrate a mastery of endogenous psychedelic compounds and their metabolites in the body--but it just begs the question as to why they were paying him so much money to study melatonin...

Ill have to go back through some of his papers and see what the conclusions are but I was just curious if anyone had delved into his older research before...TBH I only read the Spirit Molecule and missed all of his research papers/other books-- looks like I've got some reading materials for the next lil while...need to get another kindle! that made reading a true joy

I haven't read what you linked, but I have heard that he was the one to discover the function of endogenous melatonin, which plays a very important role in the pineal gland. I was always surprised that I didn't hear it brought up more, but I'm not sure if my description is completely accurate.

I'm also not sure why I never looked into this more, thanks for all the sources! I'd like to get into this sometime soon. Please post it if you find anything interesting in there, it's not discussed much.

Since we had some kind of a bad run in with Strassman (in 2015 IIRC), where he was promoting the idea of certain entheogens only relating to one religion and race (supported by a holy book of all things), all my respect for this person has gone down the drain. He was even unable to defend his position to @SnozzleBerry who was clearly more familiar with said religious book than Strassman.

Once a time he was a true pioneer, then for reasons unknown to me he changed for the worse, for me however due to this extremist/racist ideas he is now a pariah in my eyes. I would not call him an objective scientist anymore, but a pseudoscientist with a malicious religious agenda.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I
Since we had some kind of a bad run in with Strassman (in 2015 IIRC), where he was promoting the idea of certain entheogens only relating to one religion and race (supported by a holy book of all things), all my respect for this person has gone down the drain. He was even unable to defend his position to @SnozzleBerry who was clearly more familiar with said religious book than Strassman.

Once a time he was a true pioneer, then for reasons unknown to me he changed for the worse, for me however due to this extremist/racist ideas he is now a pariah in my eyes. I would not call him an objective scientist anymore, but a pseudoscientist with a malicious religious agenda.

Kind regards,

The Traveler
I believe much of his expensive research was paid for by various occult groups. Groups powerful enough to allow DMT to get board approval at a time when even cannabis was still hard to study.

Back
Top Bottom