• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Summer Solstice

3rdI

veni, vidi, spici
Well theres not been one for a while so I propose we have a good old knees up for the solstice.

The solstice is the 21st of this month so that's a week today.

Anyone joining the fun? Go on, you know you want to

Ahh is this an 'inner sanctum' thing or an attempt to form a SHE?

If the latter I would be most pleased to know a time (UTC/GMT), if the former I guess I am out of luck lol.

well for myself the day will kick off about 8-9pm GMT with some Pharma, but I think a general celebration of the day is more than exceptable.

Ahhhhh I am down with that..

I was hoping to hear a UTC timeframe for a SHE as I have not had the pleasure of being part of any attempts as yet (don't even know if it is something open to everyone or just certain peeps).

I will prepare some rue tea for added journeytime, or maybe even crack open the caapi I have had in my freezer for a month (wishing to save for a special occasion, or maybe when the next step is required)

You can count me in. I've had such good luck with the winter solstice in the past, that I try not to miss any now :lol:

SHE or not, I'm there! ...but SHE all the better.

---
In regard to comments about an appointed time, that would depend upon your own location. The traditional solstice is when the sun is at its highest point in the sky on the longest day of the year, which would be approximately noon (adjusted for Daylight Savings time if applicable) on June 21st, 2013. Of course, there is also the astronomical way of determining the solstice based upon the position of the planet in its orbit of the sun, and the angle of the tilt of the axis of the planet's rotation. I'm sure somebody has done the math on this exact time, if one is inclined to look it up.

Of course, celebrating the event however you damn well feel like is usually the most redeeming.

Hiyo Quicksilver said:
I'm sure somebody has done the math on this exact time, if one is inclined to look it up.

In 2013, the solstice falls on Friday, June 21 at 5:04 Universal time, which is 1:04 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time and 12:04 A.M. Central Daylight Time.

But this year, the solstice happens on Thursday, June 20 for places in North America west of the Central Time Zone, occuring at 11:04 P.M Mountain Daylight Time and 10:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time.

Summer Solstice 2024: When Is The First Day of Summer?

:)

I'll be tripping tomorrow in the woods with some friends up on this big cliff on a trail that overlooks our small town down across the river... it's an amazing campping spot. It's funny because we didn't plan this for the solstice, it just so happens to be on that day. I will be taking my first LSD + MXE combo. My friend has whippets too. (I know not really you guys's thing, not mine either but it's been a while since doing nitrous and it's alright once in a blue moon). If I feel the call I will have some dmt with me too, but I honestly feel like I'm not gonna need or want to smoke it with the combo I'm doing.

Back
Top Bottom