• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

SunPattern Garden

Migrated topic.

SunPatterns

Rising Star
Figured I would start my lil garden thread here. Spring is OTW, and I have A LOT to do. Winter is coming to a close and everything looks battle hardened right now. Im still trying to figure out the picture formatting thing here so bare with me if I mess that up lol.

1. Heres a side view of *most* of my cacti. I got more.
dZVVQt4.jpg

2.Forgot what these are called. Oxalis I think? eehhh
OvpIyb6.jpg

3.Kalanchoe in the crevices of cement. Will grow ANYWHERE!! (i hate these things)
7Hss1ti.jpg

4.IDR what this is called either. Pretty though. Can withstand my winter.
5fwGktZ.jpg

5.Some azaleas in my backyard. Huge bush full of these flowers right now.
z35pzTZ.jpg

6. Terrible picture of my blueberries in bloom. lol
RRyZCKK.jpg

7.Some aloe
5Wsl6oP.jpg

8. More Kalanchoe, this one is flowering actually.
uNpg9Ao.jpg

9.Some reishis that I grew indoors, and then buried in my garden. Fruiting!
qtEJlBJ.jpg

10. guatama
3I1otZd.jpg

11. Some PC logs.
0UzSt6V.jpg

12. Kratom defoliated ;__;
JcqeCO4.jpg

13. Some loquats I grew from seed.
yANy6fH.jpg

14. B. caapi, I wont go into detail why it looks bad right now, but its still alive <3
7rFvY0g.jpg

H4wJumb.jpg

15. Acacia confusa
obhVvqb.jpg

aGAGRa1.jpg

16. D. cab.(chaliponga) surviving winter, and a kava in the background looking wilty.
emAx1Zh.jpg

17. My first cactus from a few years ago. PCs.
nwfikhX.jpg

18. C. edulis surviving winter outside. Going to work on cloning this, this year.
uOVL9f1.jpg

19. Mimosa hostilis with some new nodes coming in!
T357d3T.jpg

20. My baby Acacia simplex greeting me with love.
uhdRNev.jpg

Ok that is all for now. If you made it this far, I love you, and thank you. I hope you enjoy this for right now. I have A LOT more to come in the future. <3

So I decided to grab a few clones from my garden today, so I can multiply all my stuff. These were the good sized/more mature specimen I have at the moment. Most everything else is a bit too small to clone right now.

Here is a T. peruvianus, no cultivar.
DCsX0vk.jpg

Here is a T. pachanoi, also no cultivar etc..
2CYEFWe.jpg

This is a huarazensis x psycho0 hybrid
Hc2FCpA.jpg

Here is a T. peruvianus 'california catepillar'
BxLuWAB.jpg

This is an SS02 x TPM(idk if pach or peru monstrose, but I wanna say pach.)
twmLmoM.jpg

This is semi monstrose pachanoi. He a big chonky fella
2Al18oo.jpg

Cool garden!

Are you greenhouses frost-free? In particular, has your D. cabrerana seen freezing temps?

Loved the pics, what a fantastic garden you have.

Pic 16 top left, that (four sided?) bridge-oid Trich is looking etiolated! Increase light or lower temperatures!

Incredible collection!

How long have you been tending to your garden?

You're inspiring me to make a start. Perhaps a little san Pedro cactus or something. Any advices for a first time plant?

Jagube said:
Cool garden!

Are you greenhouses frost-free? In particular, has your D. cabrerana seen freezing temps?

He was in my old green house before, that was a POS cheap green one from amazon. I regret buying it. But anyway, yea maybe a couple days of the year the temps got below freezing, and he survived in the greenhouse that I kept closed the whole time. Some of the older leaves withered but he still alive.

downwardsfromzero said:
Loved the pics, what a fantastic garden you have.

Pic 16 top left, that (four sided?) bridge-oid Trich is looking etiolated! Increase light or lower temperatures!

Yea hes a new clone I got a couple months ago in the middle of winter, and had to sit on the bottom of my old greenhouse. I JUST built this new greenhouse and hes getting ample amount of light now. Should have roots by now as well. Im not too happy about the etiolation but it should smooth itself out soon. I will probably end up having to cut it at that point in the future. Gonna let it grow big first.

OliverJ said:
Incredible collection!

How long have you been tending to your garden?

You're inspiring me to make a start. Perhaps a little san Pedro cactus or something. Any advices for a first time plant?

This is my 4th year, most of this collection is probably only 2 years or so though. Some are older than others.

My advice for first cactus, just get something that calls to you. Something that visually appeals to your senses. Dont worry about hybrids and cultvars and crazy names for your first cactus. Its good to just get acquainted with how they grow and their needs first. Dont spend too much either lol. My very first cactus was the PC in the big orange pot I have on the first post. I have probably a million of them now from only 2 columns when I started. <3

Just got a bunch of new cactus sprouts.

1.(ss02 x ss01) x TPM
2.colossus x TPM
3. (ss02 x ss01) x nitrogen TPQC
4. TPQC x nitrogen TPC
5. scopulicola x pachanoi
6 Browningia hertlingiana (sourced from the wild in SA)
7. Arboricola x orange california
8. T. tacaqueriensis
9. macroganus x super pedro
10. peruvianus 'john' x scopulicola
11. scopulicola x bridgesii 'Tig'

Im pretty excited lol. Only been 7 days since planting and most have sprouted.

I planted 248 seeds total.

endlessness said:
Beautiful, friend!

Good work you're doing :)

How cold does it get where you are?

The average temp during winter is hovering around 30s and 40s. Sometimes there will be a little cold spurt of high 20sF but it only lasts a couple hours or so, and doesnt happen often.

A few pics from today.

Mammilaria in flower. Might try to cross pollinate with another Mamm I have flowering.
KQv6ubq.jpg

Baby Acacia simplex <3
5XRp9jc.jpg

Mimosa hostilis planted from seed last year, coming back from winter(sorry for pic quality)
FrmSDON.jpg

Gymnocalicium baldianum blooming for the first time.
5V7oO1D.jpg

<3 <3 <3

Some new images from this morning! <3

bridgesii no cv./hybrid.
2D5kmWN.jpg

peruvianus
V4LL4vj.jpg

SS02 x TPM where it mutated slightly during a stress phase.
3azpOcU.jpg

brdigesii 'Lorraine' Has be come one of my favorite clones lately. She starting to show her true colors this year, and I am falling in love everytime she grows more.
gZkylqc.jpg

E. sub. about to throw some blooms out again. I love these.
f4sIEmr.jpg

I believe this is Gymnocalicium saglionis
P8ms68I.jpg

Acacia simplex chugging along!! so happy to have another species of Acacia in my collection
AUJa0v6.jpg

A graft of Sulcorebutia rauschii that I put outside, and is LOVING it. Grafted earlier January
24CUh08.jpg

C. edulis getting huge!
lhCVurN.jpg

A revert column from pachanoi crest. kind of semi monstrose I guess too lol.
Xi5qjxS.jpg

Variegated Trichocereus peruvianus 'clyde' x orange california, from misplant. My first variegate ever.
04IsmRQ.jpg

Last but not least, my pride and joy. B. caapi, refoliating itself after winter <3 <3 <3
7Hww330.jpg

Love you all have a good day, and happy gardening <3

Back
Top Bottom