• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

TEK Syrian Rue Seeds to Smokeable Freebase + Consumable HCL [Harmallama Tek]

This topic contain a TEK

CosmicLion

Established member
Harmallama Tek
Harmala Freebase and Harmala HCL from Syrian Rue Seeds

People continually are asking questions and feeling lost when reading the existing harmala extractions teks.

I made this step-wise tek PDF in hopes it might make things easier for some individuals.

I have attached the PDF to this post.

Attachments

• HarmallamaTek.pdf
    398.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice write up, simple and with tricks clearly based off experience like using whole seeds and multiple funnel filters. Oh how I wish I did that the first time I extracted from rue!

Yup, that's pretty much what i do. I just keep all mine as freebase though, whether full spectrum extract or manske'd extract. I find freebase extracts to absorb just fine orally, so i keep mine in freebase form so i can take it orally, sublingually or smoke it, works great either way so i really see no reason to do a manske unless i want pure/isolated Harmalas and most of the time i prefer full spectrum Rue extract if i'm going for extract, feels better than the manske'd isolated Harmala extract. But yeah the extraction is easy peasy, filtering is really the hardest part but if done right it's pretty easy.

It is possible to buy sodium carbonate and skip the baking of sodium bicarbonate step. Over here it is sold as crystal soda used for cleaning bee-keeping equipement and brewing equipement. If you cannot find it you can still bake.

Yeah you can buy regular ol' washing soda/sodium carbonate no problemo. Only reason to heat baking soda/sodium bicarbonate is to heat it into washing soda in case one doesn't have access to regular washing soda, one can just easily convert baking soda to washing soda, if that's an option.

I like converting Baking Soda into Sodium Carbonate because it stays using "food safe" ingredients. You don't know how laundry-grade washing-soda was manufactured or the standards for purity + contaminants that are acceptable for a non-food-grade item... In reality, its mostly trivial, and likely makes little to no difference at all... nano-trace amounts of stuff if anything, nothing that is genuinely a concern IMO

Well. That looks quite easy. I am preparing for my first extraction, and i was looking for something updated, easy and not so confusing. Looks like this one might be it. Will give it a try. Thanx.

I like converting Baking Soda into Sodium Carbonate because it stays using "food safe" ingredients. You don't know how laundry-grade washing-soda was manufactured or the standards for purity + contaminants that are acceptable for a non-food-grade item... In reality, its mostly trivial, and likely makes little to no difference at all... nano-trace amounts of stuff if anything, nothing that is genuinely a concern IMO
+1 on this - I recommend toasting it in a stainless steel frying pan, since it's fun to watch it levitating during the process. Once the levitation stops, you can place a lid on the pan to monitor water vapour development. When a cool, dry lid stops misting up, the process should be complete.

Back
Top Bottom