• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

The Art of Changa, a guide to making the perfect blends.

Migrated topic.
thymamai said:
sorry but, re the OP: what is "a double boiler method"? I feel stupid -- no-one has asked yet.

thanks olympus mon for otherwise unique and completely thorough narrative.

A bowl inside a pan full of water, or similar. "Bain-marie" if you're a cook, search for that, for images.

The idea is to keep the flammable solvent away from the heat-source.

Very important if you use a naked flame; not so much if you use electric/induction, and are careful, IME.

this post was so inspirational, i am currently in the process of making my first blend! so excited!

This thread is amazing, and I'm starting to plan my first changa. My main question is this: What do people feel is the different between extracting alkaloids and adding it to changa vs. making 10x caapi leaf?

Process wise, making 10x caapi leaf seems way easier despite taking much longer. Are the effects similar or not really?

I'm planning a simple blend to start out. Either just caapi leaf or a blend of caapi leaf and sage or yarrow. I already have a relationship with both thujone containing plants.

Thanks all! :thumb_up:

Is there a way to do this with rue seeds and without the complicated tek to get the harmala freebase out of it? Would it be crazy to use ground seed as the organic medium? Or is this not going to be potent enough on the Harmalas that way? Really like the idea of elongating the experience and having the redose option. Btw, is this any different than drinking rue tea 45 minutes before smoking?

Lowtone said:
Process wise, making 10x caapi leaf seems way easier despite taking much longer. Are the effects similar or not really?

Between a 10x leaf/dmt blend versus using extracted harmalas in a blend, both were pretty similar in their potentiation with the dmt ime.

Metta said:
Is there a way to do this with rue seeds and without the complicated tek to get the harmala freebase out of it?

I get that you're not wanting to do a tek, understandable, but the various rue teks for harmalas aren't all that difficult. I think it's worth the bit of effort to have some extracted harmalas laying around.

You could use ground rue seed in your blend, but that's really not going to be all that effective if at all, versus actually using crude/purified harmalas.

Metta said:
is this any different than drinking rue tea 45 minutes before smoking?

You could drink a little rue prior to smoking, sure. For me I'd never drank a whole bunch before smoking, only about equivalent to .6-.8g of seeds, never drank much above that. I only liked having a little bit of harmalas in the system, not a full on dose of them.

Though if you're wanting to drink a stiff dose of rue tea then vape dmt, then go for it :D , just be careful.., start low with the dmt.

That’s it. You talked me into it. I enjoy the extracting processes and challenging myself anyway. Last time I did an acrb extraction I was very zen all day while doing it. I’m just gonna need to pick up some more kitchen supplies. Just on a similar note, could I do a 10x or 20x enhancement like I would with caapi? (Boiling down a bunch then simmering into an herb)

Metta-Morpheus said:
That’s it. You talked me into it. I enjoy the extracting processes and challenging myself anyway. Last time I did an acrb extraction I was very zen all day while doing it. I’m just gonna need to pick up some more kitchen supplies. Just on a similar note, could I do a 10x or 20x enhancement like I would with caapi? (Boiling down a bunch then simmering into an herb)

:thumb_up:

I'd like to resucitate this old thread. Changa is an artform indeed! :D

I'm pretty "new", I've only made 3 small batches in the last few years. I made my last one two weeks ago, and got to try it with a friend last weekend: This is the best I've tried so far. It's so different to freebase DMT! The difference with previous batches, is that this one does contain caapi leaf + rue harmalas, instead of only rue harmalas like my previous ones.

My friend hadn't tried changa before, and he said he likes it better than straight DMT, he called it "thinking herbs". We had a very peaceful, relaxing time together.

My recipe was inspired by this (and other) threads:
- 30% mullein
- 30% passiflora
- 20% peppermint
- 20% caapi leaves (x10 IPA concentrate*)

* = I took 9 parts of caapi leaves, soaked in IPA for a few days, and then used that IPA to dissolve fb DMT and harmalas, before evaporating in the other herbs

Lots of people are using 3:3:1 ratios, but I prefer it to be weaker than that. I used 6:3:1 ratio, I find this easier to work with. I don't mind smoking a bit of extra plant material.

I also added a drop of lemon essential oil to the lid of the container and left it to evaporate before closing it. It made all the changa smell like lemon, but it wasn't overpowering. Pretty cool, if you ask me (adding the essential oils straight into the changa would have made it too strong, and probably it wouldn't be safe to smoke)

I think I'm gonna use caapi always, from now on. I've tried caapi+ "caapiless changa" before, together, and I liked it. But this was different. The concentrated x10 caapi made it so, so different, so peaceful. It was amazing, honestly. I got to think a lot, and I'm grateful to be here.

I have access to the following:
  • The 98% HCL harmine and Freebase harmine extracts contain harmine only.
  • The 98% harmaline Freebase extract contains harmaline only.
  • Full Spectrum 96% contains 50.5% harmine and 45.2% harmaline.
For making changa which is the best one to use please ?? and if I am adding harmala can i skip the cappi leaves and just use normal herbs like Lemon Balm ??

I have access to the following:
  • The 98% HCL harmine and Freebase harmine extracts contain harmine only.
  • The 98% harmaline Freebase extract contains harmaline only.
  • Full Spectrum 96% contains 50.5% harmine and 45.2% harmaline.
For making changa which is the best one to use please ?? and if I am adding harmala can i skip the cappi leaves and just use normal herbs like Lemon Balm ??
Make three batches - then you'll know!

Or at least, having access to isolated samples of both harmine and harmaline would enable you to blend them in different ratios. Not everyone likes harmaline though, even if it has a special magic of its own. It causes dizziness & incoordination at higher oral doses but that won't typically be reached with moderate smoked changa intake.

So im a bit confused about the ratio's... I'm making it for the first time and like to do it right. In the guide it says

"When talking about Changa the first number is the ratio of freebase Harmalas to spice in relation to a single unit of organic matter or leaf. So a 1 to 1 Changa blend will contain 1g harmalas, 1g spice, all infused into 1g of leaf. The infused leaf should weigh 3g once infused and dried."

If you make enriched leaf is this considered the 1g Harmalas as wel as the 1g of leaf or is the enriched leaf only considered the 1g of harmalas?

So my question, if i make changa with 10x enriched leafs do i need to add 1g of spice and then also another 1g of other herbs or do i enrich 1g of my desired herbs with harmalas. and then 1g of spice?

I hope someone understands the question haha

Maybe a recipe would help me understand it beter ^^'

Thanks in advance!

So my question, if i make changa with 10x enriched leafs do i need to add 1g of spice and then also another 1g of other herbs or do i enrich 1g of my desired herbs with harmalas. and then 1g of spice?
What are your 10x enriched leafs? Is it caapi x10? If so, that might be potent enough on its own, and you don't need to add more harmalas (except if you want to, of course).

If you're using other leafs that don't contain harmalas, you can add both harmalas and DMT in your desired amounts.

I like using 1/3 of harmalas for every 1 of DMT, but this is a matter of preference, and some people will use way more (or less) than that.

If you have inert leafs, I would try something like this: 1g of spice, 0.3-0.6g of harmalas, both in a shot of alcohol, and add to 1g of leaf.
If you have x10 caapi, I would lower (or skip) the harmala part.
You'll need to experiment to find the perfect ratio for you. Split it in two mini-batches, one with more harmalas than the other, and try it.

What are your 10x enriched leafs? Is it caapi x10? If so, that might be potent enough on its own, and you don't need to add more harmalas (except if you want to, of course).

If you're using other leafs that don't contain harmalas, you can add both harmalas and DMT in your desired amounts.

I like using 1/3 of harmalas for every 1 of DMT, but this is a matter of preference, and some people will use way more (or less) than that.

If you have inert leafs, I would try something like this: 1g of spice, 0.3-0.6g of harmalas, both in a shot of alcohol, and add to 1g of leaf.
If you have x10 caapi, I would lower (or skip) the harmala part.
You'll need to experiment to find the perfect ratio for you. Split it in two mini-batches, one with more harmalas than the other, and try it.
I've boiled 10gr of caapi leafs. to make enriched leafs i can use any leaf i want? So boil i down with 1gr of my desired mix?

Which herbs are you using in your blend for it to be so stanky?
Oh sorry for phrasing the question misleadingly.
I've never made changa. I've only smoked freebase, but that can make the house smell like burning rubber. And I've been lead to believe that changa makes it even worse.

I'll be making my first changa as soon as the mailman delivers my herbs, but since I live far away from the real world it will probably take a few weeks for it to get here.

Oh sorry for phrasing the question misleadingly.
I've never made changa. I've only smoked freebase, but that can make the house smell like burning rubber. And I've been lead to believe that changa makes it even worse.

I'll be making my first changa as soon as the mailman delivers my herbs, but since I live far away from the real world it will probably take a few weeks for it to get here.
Aha. I've never smoked freebase, only changa. Like I said, I've never experienced unpleasant smells with any of my blends. Which herbs are you going to be using?

Back
Top Bottom