• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

THH interaction with opiates?

Migrated topic.

Madcap

illudium Q-36
Does anyone have any info concerning THH interacting with opiates? I am taking hydrocodone and have some THH burning a hole in my pocket. I'm off work for injury and would love to try THH with and without spice.

EDIT: while I would still love to hear any info you guys may offer, I found this after working the google a bit more:

"The phenylpiperidine series opioids, pethidine (meperidine), tramadol, methadone and dextromethorphan and propoxyphene, appear to be weak serotonin re-uptake inhibitors and have all been involved in serotonin toxicity reactions with MAOIs (including some fatalities). Morphine, codeine, oxycodone and buprenorphine are known not to be SRIs, and do not precipitate serotonin toxicity with MAOIs."

Opiates and THH seem to go ok together. Large doses of THH seem to act as an opioid antagonist, weekening their effects. Smaller doses seem to boost the effects.

DEMEROL and MAOI's are a DEADLY combination, DO NOT USE THEM TOGETHER.

I believe all other opiates are safe to use in moderate doses with RIMA's.

All the opiods you mentioned above (expect Hydrocodone) are from one class of opiods (not opiates i.e. codiene, morphine, oxycodone, hydrocodone, etc..)...I would stay away from those anyways, as most of them have some NASTY side effects.

I ended up trying the THH while on my medication (hydrocodone) and everything went fine. I've now tried THH without hydrocodone and I can say that 30mg sublingual plays well with a 10mg hydrocodone tablet.

I do not take opiates often but, I do actually like the buzz. The THH seemed to compliment it a little bit.... certainly doesn't cause any problems.

Back
Top Bottom