• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

To my fellow psychonuats

Migrated topic.

physicstothemax

Rising Star
Hello my fellow explorers of the inner realm,
I just wanted to say how happy I am to be able to join this most forward thinking of communities. I feel that I am going to bring a viewpoint which may not be the most popular within this community, that of a strict atheist who, while not believing in a deity or hyperdimensional entities, still has total reverence for the power of psychedelics and their ability to open our minds to the wonders of the universe and consciousness. I have a BS in Physics and a MS in Astrophysics and have spent my life in the pursuit of knowledge and unique experiences, well there is no more unique experience than DMT. I have been experimenting with chemistry, psychopharmacology and being a psychonaut for nigh on 16 years and understand the importance of having accurate technical and anecdotal information as well as approaching everything with safety and respect for the power of psychedelics in mind.I feel like I am one of the most spiritual people there is, and being an atheist I have to clarify that statement as most people who say they are spiritual think that not believing in a higher power negates any ability for spirituality. I contend that having a understanding of how the universe works give one the deepest feelings of awe are the wonders that are existence. The universe is so wonderful and weird that it in itself is so amazing that no higher power is necessary to have spirituality, that very connection to the universe and the unending quest for knowledge is the highest calling. Now even though I don't believe in entities, DMT is still the best teacher of the inner mind that there is, it allows our subconscious to directly communicate with our conscious one. This in itself is amazing and I hope to be bale to have respectful and insightful discussion about any all all topics regarding DMT< psychedelics, cosmology, cosmogony and kitchen chemistry because, while my opinions may differ than the masses on some subjects, I know that a community of open minded individuals is strongest when they are inclusive of varying opinions and allow for frank and honest(While being respectful of everyone) discussions. Thank you for allowing me to participate in your community and I look forward to all the conversations we are certain to have.

To me, anyone awake enough to see that the universe is an energy field woven by consciousness from the infinite is an atheist. There is no 'God' that created the infinite. It is and has always been. Consciousness has shaped it into being. Any gods perceived are simply derivative of what is:
The Source (infinity) and The Architect (consciousness) which are one.

As far as entities go, I haven't never dealt with one so I cannot have an opinion. From what I've read I do not doubt their existence, but they only another aspect of consciousness. Another aspect of yourself.

That being said. Welcome!

I find this to be a most refreshing take on the spirituality behind psychedelics. I myself identify as a pantheist bordering an agnostic. From the previous posts in this thread, I may also be identified as an atheist, but I find the concepts behind pantheism too compelling to disregard.

To me science is the way to go in any kind of insight realated context. Because the scientific tradition leaves room for doubt. A theory is only good as long as you can not prove otherwise.
And to be honest, even though psychedelics can challenge your set of beliefs or destroy them wholly, they can also lead you to delude yourself. So to me it is vital to leave a door of doubt open in order to be able to grow.

This is the most simple dance of two steps ahead, one step back. Which coincidentally is a tradition of pilgrims on the way of St. James, too. If science had a central spokesperson like the catholics do, he'd probably say: "Please have patience, we haven't yet figured it all out, but we're working on it. Please accept our nescience as a part of the imperfection of human existence." But science does not have an authorative spokesperson, because the idea of an authority deciding on what is right or wrong doesn't work well with the concept of doubt. How much more pious can you get?

Hi there physicstothemax!

Glad to have you on the forum, hope you'll enjoy your time here.

It's really crazy to me that we have a legit astrophysicist on the forum. The diverse nature of this place never ceases to amaze me.

Welcome to the Nexus, brotha!:thumb_up:

syberdelic said:
I find this to be a most refreshing take on the spirituality behind psychedelics. I myself identify as a pantheist bordering an agnostic. From the previous posts in this thread, I may also be identified as an atheist, but I find the concepts behind pantheism too compelling to disregard.

If I have to use a label, I also identify as pantheistic because I choose to view The Source as The Mother Goddess. That's the beauty of the whole thing. All realities exist. We choose what we want to believe regardless of what is. Accepting and knowing that is important.

werver said:
And to be honest, even though psychedelics can challenge your set of beliefs or destroy them wholly, they can also lead you to delude yourself. So to me it is vital to leave a door of doubt open in order to be able to grow.

Beautifully put werver.

Back
Top Bottom