• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Too many pinned threads?

Xfce4

Esteemed member
I think there are too many pinned threads in some categories and this prevents easy use of the forum. My suggestion is to group these pinned threads in a single line, which will open in a new tab when clicked. As an example:
"All pinned threads on [DMT Discussion]"

I think there are too many pinned threads in some categories and this prevents easy use of the forum. My suggestion is to group these pinned threads in a single line, which will open in a new tab when clicked. As an example:
"All pinned threads on [DMT Discussion]"
Which subfora in particular?

I do get what you mean, to a degree. Sticky threads are currently distinguished through use of italic typeface in the titles - is scrolling past that really so difficult?

Thank you for the response.
Not because it is difficult in that sense. It is about reaction time.
Human brain is so fast, and the pinned threads are being like an obstacle especially when scrolling down is required. It is like limiting a mental process by a mechanical factor everytime.

Yes, we already weeded out a lot of those sticky posts, though there are still way too many in several subfora.

And the real issue? They are often all truly sticky worthy. 😵

Let me check for a addon that has a better sticky topics navigation.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Thank you for the response.
Not because it is difficult in that sense. It is about reaction time.
Human brain is so fast, and the pinned threads are being like an obstacle especially when scrolling down is required. It is like limiting a mental process by a mechanical factor everytime.
Desktop or mobile? It's a neat idea to collapse the pinned threads for mobile view, at least. If we could ensure that a reasonably comprehensive selection of the most salient points was covered by the selection of stickied threads, it would be worth having a notice next to the "create new thread" button saying something like, "Have you checked the sticky threads for answers first?"

As far as keeping abreast of recent material goes, there are numerous buttons for the latest additions in categories like forum posts, media and resources.

It used to be said that patience is a virtue, and that limitations are a key to creativity, but maybe I'm just old-fashioned.

It used to be said that patience is a virtue, and that limitations are a key to creativity, but maybe I'm just old-fashioned.
In a changing world where getting small parts of information quickly is vital, I can see why this urge is here.

Maybe with A.I. this can actually be improved upon quite a lot, like a much better "You might be looking for..." suggestions?

The GPT @CatsPawTea wrote is already amazing in correlating almost all information from the DMT-Nexus.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

I now understand the reason why there are so many sticky posts.
As @The Traveler suggested A.I. could help a lot with that. Then, utilizing A.I. and grouping pinned threads together would provide a more fluent forum experience I suppose.
Thank you for giving an ear:)

You know, answering n00b questions might be a job where I don't entirely mind being replaced by a LLM, especially one developed by a Nexian. 😁
The thing with LLM, and A.I. in general is that your have to be an expert in your field to check the results, with teks a minor flaw from the. A.I. can have some serious consequences.

Where AI can help however is already gathering all relevant infortion for you so you can make a better decision in a shorter time.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom