• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Too much HCL in salting, Kash tek. Can it destroy the alks?

Migrated topic.

skoobysnax

Rising Star
I am doing Kash's A/B. I am at the salting stage and I added to much HCL on my toluene pulls. Will this destroy my work? I went down to below ph2 :(

mesc noob mistake, ugh

It shoujd not be a problem. The only thing is that more "things" will migrate in the water which lead to a less pure mescaline.

DansMaTete said:
It shoujd not be a problem. The only thing is that more "things" will migrate in the water which lead to a less pure mescaline.

Thanks much! You are one one my best friends here :) I was panicking that all my worked was for nought lol. Some aspects of less pure may be OK by me if it in terms of other alks but I will be washing this well.

Once i added too much hcl after a calculation mistake and the mesc came out black. I tried washing but it was too dirty, so it stayed too dark. I redissolved it in water, re-based and re-extracted, and then the results were perfect.

So yes as said before no worries, it will just come out more impure but you can clean it no problem

skoobysnax said:
I am doing Kash's A/B. I am at the salting stage and I added to much HCL on my toluene pulls. Will this destroy my work? I went down to below ph2 :(

mesc noob mistake, ugh

No problem mate. Boil to a very small amount and evap in a wide dish. Excess hcl will evap as well. Then just redissolve in hot alcohol to recrystallize.

1ce said:
skoobysnax said:

mesc noob mistake, ugh

No problem mate. Boil to a very small amount and evap in a wide dish. Excess hcl will evap as well. Then just redissolve in hot alcohol to recrystallize.
Cool, I placed my tray in the oven at 200F and watched it closely until it was a thin layer of solution. The slow evap is needlepointing on the edges now. looks a dirty brown but all is well. Thx everyone!! Hat tip to Kash. This is my go to tek now.

Congratz on the success! Yeah a little bit extra hcl is generally no big deal and evaporating with a fan should still give crystals. Doing a cold acetone or MEK wash usually cleans them right up.

Morbidbystandard said:
My buddy ran into the same problem but faced with golden brown tar. Can someone explain in detail where to go from here?

Use purification step (from Kash's tek)

Or, as endlessness said post #4
endlessness said:
I tried washing but it was too dirty, so it stayed too dark. I redissolved it in water, re-based and re-extracted, and then the results were perfect.

After looking over the tek it was discovered that the statement concentrated hcl in the body of the text did not mean 32 to 36%. The ingredients list states hcl muriatic acid which is usually around 10.:?

Still the skills are really lacking and some considerations are going towards not enough NaHO

Back
Top Bottom