• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Trauma and the Nervous System: A Polyvagal Perspective

SomaticWave

Body oriented therapist
Staff member
Therapist

This video was developed to give a basic introduction and overview of how trauma and chronic stress affects our nervous system and how those effects impact our health and well-being.

Much of the content is based on the groundbreaking work of Stephen Porges and his Polyvagal Theory and inspired and informed by the work of thought leaders Deb Dana, Vincent Felitti, Robert Anda, Gabor Mate, Dan Siegel and Peter Levine.

Thanks for sharing! Just watched this. It's interesting to know the nervous system is resting or active, and it can be that way under stress or at normal times. It makes sense that is needs to be flexible. My favorite activities to relax the nervous system are meditation, yoga and dancing. And tripping of course! Thanks again!

This video was developed to give a basic introduction and overview of how trauma and chronic stress affects our nervous system and how those effects impact our health and well-being.

Much of the content is based on the groundbreaking work of Stephen Porges and his Polyvagal Theory and inspired and informed by the work of thought leaders Deb Dana, Vincent Felitti, Robert Anda, Gabor Mate, Dan Siegel and Peter Levine.
Thank you!

"becoming unstuck is like beginning a new life"
"happier healthier more empathetic"

A mescaline medicine ceremony fixed 3 traumas somehow! Overnight !
One of those traumas was interpersonal, one was assualt in the street, and one was a very traumatic ayahuasca misfire that gave me persistent anxiety and occasional panic.
I always had a lot of difficulty with psychedelics but the stimulant ecstasy of the mescaline really grounded me, as did the wonderful people and space that was created at the medicine ceremony.
My suicidality went away for a year flat as well out with not even a single thought and before that I had extreme suicidaliy issues. I began to think about the future for the first time. It was incredible ~ I could not believe it.
I deeply value the plant medicines capacity to help us stabilize and ground, especially the stimmy ones. It's absolutely wild how quickly they can heal us, that I feel it's completely criminal to have them all be illegal.

that plant medicine illegality is not only a global phenomenon, but also a historical phenomenon across many civilizations and agrarian societies really strikes me as a profoundly interesting investigation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom