• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Trying an extraction with MHRB, lime, isopropanol and acetone.

Migrated topic.

Prima Materia

The Calcinator
Shredded MHRB was mixed with lime in 1:1 ratio.
Then water was added to make a paste.
The paste was then dryed and soaked in isopropyl alcohol.
I filtered the basified MHRB from the solution and evaporated the isopropanol.
3 pulls were done with isopropanol.
I evaporated the iso and was left with yellow-brown coloured lime smelling nicely of spice.

I tried to sniff some of this stuff and had no effect. I concluded that DMT freebase is to diluted with lime to achieve a effective dose and avoid sniffing a great deal of this powder.

Now I intend to proceed by extracting the DMT freebase with acetone and hopefully get rid of all that lime.

While searching the forums I found out that acetone is a good combination with sodium carbonate and calcium hydroxide(lime). I'm now experimenting with lime. Let's see what happens. Will keep you updated.

If anyone would like to say anything, point out something, please go ahead.

edit: Maybe the step with isopropanol is unnecesary and I could have used acetone in the first place. I read today here on the forum that both salt and freebase forms are soluble in acetone.

To purify your product, look into the FASA techniques. These require the use of fumaric acid. Your product can be precipitated from anhydrous acetone as DMT fumarate. To get free base, react the fumarate with sodium carbonate paste, pull again with acetone and leave to evaporate.

Sounds like you need to improve your filtering if the crude IPA extract contained lime, btw. And STB with lime might not work so well - acidify the bark with a little white vinegar first.

Triglav said:
Shredded MHRB was mixed with lime in 1:1 ratio.
Then water was added to make a paste.
The paste was then dryed and soaked in isopropyl alcohol.
I filtered the basified MHRB from the solution and evaporated the isopropanol.
3 pulls were done with isopropanol.
I evaporated the iso and was left with yellow-brown coloured lime smelling nicely of spice.

I tried to sniff some of this stuff and had no effect. I concluded that DMT freebase is to diluted with lime to achieve a effective dose and avoid sniffing a great deal of this powder.

Now I intend to proceed by extracting the DMT freebase with acetone and hopefully get rid of all that lime.

While searching the forums I found out that acetone is a good combination with sodium carbonate and calcium hydroxide(lime). I'm now experimenting with lime. Let's see what happens. Will keep you updated.

If anyone would like to say anything, point out something, please go ahead.

edit: Maybe the step with isopropanol is unnecesary and I could have used acetone in the first place. I read today here on the forum that both salt and freebase forms are soluble in acetone.

Powder your MHRB next time around. Unless your stuff is shredded to fine fibers it could probably benefit from more surface area exposure to the lime & being powder rather than shreds will help the lime & rootbark stick together better. There should be little to no lime in your solvent if you chose one lime is insoluble in & made a propper bark paste.

Back
Top Bottom