• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

using alchool for get dmt out of vegetable oil pulls, is possible ?

Migrated topic.

xa

Rising Star
if i have vegetable oil pulls, opposed to salting out with acid and then rebasify...etc ect...if i add ethanol alchool or acetone to the oil pulls and then separate i got my alcaloid ? alchool don't mix with vegetable oil.

xa said:
if i have vegetable oil pulls, opposed to salting out with acid and then rebasify...etc ect...if i add ethanol alchool or acetone to the oil pulls and then separate i got my alcaloid ? alchool don't mix with vegetable oil.

I don`t have any experience with vegetable oil as a solvent & do not know much about the chemistry between it & acetone or alcohol, but it seems like you may run into issues similar to extracting from a fatty plant. Acetone or alcohol may pull fats or oily residue from the vegetable oil.
Take this with a grain of salt though, as i mentioned I do not know much about this method. It just seems logical that the issues mentioned may occur.

I'm not 100% on this, but I suspect freebase DMT would have a higher affinity for the non polar vegetable oil than the polar alcohol or acetone. It would probably work if one were to acidify the alcohol/tone first, but it seems that would defeat the purpose of this idea as you'd still have to re-convert it back to freebase.

Good thought though! I love to see people actively trying to improve the the food safe methods. :thumb_up:

Thanks,
I try but:

I try only with a sample from the first pull, the consistency of the basic mix was not good i couldn't mix well the oil and get it out easy, is a messy extraction.

Anyway, yesterday, i tried, mix alchool in the first oil pull and separate (alchool stay on the top and separate well, and was cloudy, but not sure), evaporate.
There's some smell and a little yellow thing in there but i don't know if are some oil that i suck up or not, the goo it's sticky but more liquid.

today i put oil for another pull but the bark absorbed all :-( i try to transfert it in a glass and let decant or, what i can do to easily recover the extraction ?

Today i would try with the last pull, the alchool before, separate, and then the same with acidic water, so i think can see where go the goods and maybe make some photos.

Bye

This is the alcool layer from yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_8535.JPG
    IMG_8535.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
So, this messy extraction turn in a day of noob experiment, was a q21q21 with vegetable oil, i didn't get the right consistency and the oil pulls where difficult, the bark absorb a lot of oil so theese pull are not so good ad i decide to go with experiments...

The messy bark/oil/base things (photo1):

I try to get 4 vegetable oil pulls and at the end i put all in a potato smash with t-shirt and squeeze and filter, so i have my dirty pulls.
I carbonate wash the pulls 3 times (photo2) (photo3)

I had ethanol alchool 95% to the pulls mix and separate (photo4)

Then the messy bark/base/oil thing, i pick up a sample and add acetone 99% mix and separate (photo5).

...I want to see if the achool pulls from the oil pick up somethings...to be continued, then try to salting the oil so i have the achool pulls and the salting pull to see where i get something.

...i want to see if i recover the messy soup with acetone...the sample have to evaporate yet...

Attachments

• IMG_8537.JPG
    IMG_8537.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8536.JPG
    IMG_8536.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8538.JPG
    IMG_8538.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8541.JPG
    IMG_8541.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8540.JPG
    IMG_8540.JPG
...now it's all in evaporation stage...need wait long time, i have three pulls from oil/alkaloid, i evaporate a little sample of this and smell good, but i don't know if there's dmt inside, i save all the oil pulls for salting, another day.

...the acetone also is evaporating, one big pull and one little, the second one was quite clear so i discard the bark/base/soup.

...now i wait, i write again and photos when it's all evaporated, bye.

I forgot to mention that was a 50 gr acrb.

xa said:
...now it's all in evaporation stage...need wait long time, i have three pulls from oil/alkaloid, i evaporate a little sample of this and smell good, but i don't know if there's dmt inside, i save all the oil pulls for salting, another day.

...the acetone also is evaporating, one big pull and one little, the second one was quite clear so i discard the bark/base/soup.

...now i wait, i write again and photos when it's all evaporated, bye.

I forgot to mention that was a 50 gr acrb.

A waste of acacia :(
This bark mash is full of beautiful tannins useful for leather tanning, dyeing, paint and wood stain

Yes, i don't know how to use the residue for others use...wood painting, cloth painting would be good, you now how ?

Anyway i live on the hills and all the vegetable residue, with base, go in the ground...this is another reason for me to don't use petrol things...

Hi,
I continue with experiments.
I evaporated the alchool pulls from vegetable oil (photo 1 right), and the acetone pull from the residual bark/base soup (photo 1 left), the smell is quite the same, the acetone one smell a bit of base, both have trace of water not full evaporated and some drops of vegetable oil that maybe i have pick up from the separation....have a sweet smell, i don't know if it's dmt or other things..

Now i salt the vegetable oil pulls (photo 2) and it's in evaporation.

What i can do to know that the alchool pulls from the vegetable oil is frebase dmt or not ?

after evaporating the salting i basify and extrac again with alchool or acetone so i have all the base pulls to see the difference.

I think, can i made a crystallization with naphta and freeze precip to see where i get xtals ?

Attachments

• IMG_8544.JPG
    IMG_8544.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8543.JPG
    IMG_8543.JPG
...after salting and evaporate water i basify the soup with lime, let to dry and start the acetone pulls (photo)

Attachments

• IMG_8545.JPG
    IMG_8545.JPG
Try carefully heating/vaporizing/burning a little of those goos on the tip of a knife to see if it smells of indole, that'll give you a pretty good idea if there is any DMT in there or just fats/oils.

Yeah, you can dissolve in naphtha and freeze precip to see if you get any crystals precipitating.

Back
Top Bottom