• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

What does the venom of Bufo bufo contain?

Migrated topic.

Ginkgo

Rising Star
Wikipedia states that Bufo bufo contains Bufagin, which is defined as "a class of toxic steroids". Several of these steroids are listed with information about what species have them. Nothing is said about Bufo bufo.

Therefore I am wondering... what does the venom of Bufo bufo contain? Does it really contain a bufagin in a concentration toxic to humans? Does it contain 5-MeO-DMT or Bufotenin? Does other tryptamine containing toads, such as Bufo alvarius, also contain these bufagins?

Virola resin is a better source for 5-MeO-DMT and much safer.

Vilca is a better source for bufotenine (5-OH-DMT) and also much safer.

all toads are poisionus I could not give toxin spectrum for various species. The toxins are produced by the toads as well as things in the toads diet. The poison arrow frogs lose there poison in captivity because the toxin comes from the frogs jungle diet. So the toxins vary with species and diet.

I dont know how toad licking came about but it will not get you high it will poision you if you persist.
A large dog can easly be killed by a small toad if swallowed.

All toads have poisionus skins. Frogs have toxins also but not all of them.

how do you know toad or frog? frog eggs are found in water in big blobs. Toad eggs come in strings as they lay eggs wile mating and swiming about at the same time.

M.V.

69ron said:
Virola resin is a better source for 5-MeO-DMT and much safer.

Vilca is a better source for bufotenine (5-OH-DMT) and also much safer.
Well, yeah, but I am still curius what Bufo bufo have to offer. :D Wouldn't it be possible to extract only the 5-OH and 5-MeO from the venom? And isn't the toxins destroyed by heat if you try to smoke the venom? I know some people with Bufo alvarius that smoke their venom, and they sware to it being non-toxic.

Taken from here bufo alvarius

The skin of Bufo alvarius, a desert toad of Arizona, contains a number of indolealkylamines and their metabolites belonging to the common series of 5-hydroxy-indolealkylamines and to the unusual series of 5-methoxyindolealkylamines.
The most abundant representative of 5-hydroxyindolealkylamines is, as in numerous other toads, bufotenine (up to 3 mg per g dry skin), the most abundant representative of 5-methoxyindolealkylamines, O-methylbufotenine. In parotoid and coxal glands as much as 5-15 per cent of the dry weight is made up of this compound.

Commentary: This the Grandfather of all Bufo alvarius psychoactivity research which established the level of bufotenine contained in this toad’s venom to be up to 3 mg/ g dry skin, and the level of 5-MeO-DMT (O-methylbufotenine) contained in the venom to be as much as 5-15mg/g dry skin. It is important to note that in this study, the material examined was the ENTIRE parotoid gland and the venom contained within it. Had they simply extracted the venom and tested it alone, I believe they would have found the presence of 5-MeO-DMT to be greater than 5-15% and the presence of bufotenine to be greater than 3%, even though they did find that these substances also exist in the skin itself.

With that ratio of 5-MeO-DMT to 5-OH-DMT (bufotenine), the 5-MeO-DMT would completely dominate the experience.

You might as well just use Virola resin. It’s much healthier. It doesn’t contain all the toxic crap found in the venom. I can’t imagine why someone would want to use venom when there are better cleaner safer sources of 5-MeO-DMT and bufotenine. It just makes no sense to me. Why poison yourself with venom?

Because for some people it is not the treasure that is interesting, it is the hunt for it.

But why would you want to take it from a toad when you can get it from a plant? It would just be a strange pet/owner relationship when the only reason the owner has the toad is to extract drugs from it's glands. I've also heard that it can be pretty distressing for the toad when you harvest the venom, from what I heard they can get scared, puff up, and piss all over the place because they think they are about to be eaten.

I don't really want to harvest alot from any animal. I just want to know if Bufo bufo really have 5-MeO-DMT and 5-OH-DMT, and if it does, I would like to try to extract it without the toxins. For my usual 5-MeO and 5-OH use, I will not use a toad. It's about exploring...

Evening Glory said:
Wikipedia states that Bufo bufo contains Bufagin, which is defined as "a class of toxic steroids". Several of these steroids are listed with information about what species have them. Nothing is said about Bufo bufo.

Therefore I am wondering... what does the venom of Bufo bufo contain? Does it really contain a bufagin in a concentration toxic to humans? Does it contain 5-MeO-DMT or Bufotenin? Does other tryptamine containing toads, such as Bufo alvarius, also contain these bufagins?

Bufotenine, which is 5-MeO-DMT. In: Peter T. Furst: Hallucinogens and culture.

Bufotenin is not 5-MeO-DMT. Bufotenin is 5-OH-DMT. Does your book states that the venom of Bufo bufo (not some other Bufo variant) contains 5-MeO-DMT or 5-OH-DMT?

Evening Glory said:
I don't really want to harvest alot from any animal. I just want to know if Bufo bufo really have 5-MeO-DMT and 5-OH-DMT, and if it does, I would like to try to extract it without the toxins. For my usual 5-MeO and 5-OH use, I will not use a toad. It's about exploring...

As far as I know and have researched bufo alvarious is the olny toad to contain 5meo it has specifie venom glands that produce a slimy venom that looks like slug slime in significant amouts it has venom glands on back as well as front and rear legs. If some thing gets hold of the toad any were it will get a venom secreation. The heart toxins are destroyed by heat so you can smoke B alvarious venom but there is a bit of a noticable tightning in the chest. The carrier is ear shattering and continues all the way to the peak and fades slowly afterwords. The physical effects are alot stronger than nn dmt but for me less scary I never got a fright from b alvarious. I also would prepair myself with meditation to slow my heart rate before the hit.

Bufo Bufo has a poision skin but no venom glands so you have to extract the toads skin In would never do that. My experance with B alvarious comes because I have been a life long fan of reptiles and had no intention of keeping B alvarious when I saw them at a big reptile expo I could not pass them up. I do not breed and sell any kind of animal.

My 2 B alvarious pets had a cushy life one lived to be six years old the other 8 years they are the largest toad in the US and the second largest toad species in the world B. Marinus is the largest. When I was a kid I had a pet Bufo Bufo that I raised from a tadpole and kept for 7years and released him back to the wild. sorry abou the spelling reply in a rush

M.V.

I read somewhere that some other toad only has small amounts of bufo I forget which one though. I wouldn't wanna milk bufos,or any toad though. If there was some other way like putting a piece of glass between it and it's prey/predator then taking the glass out if it sprayed the venom on the glass.

Kannamate said:
I read somewhere that some other toad only has small amounts of bufo I forget which one though. I wouldn't wanna milk bufos,or any toad though. If there was some other way like putting a piece of glass between it and it's prey/predator then taking the glass out if it sprayed the venom on the glass.

it wont spray it ozzes out. the venom sacks are sponge like and excrete venom slowly with physical preasure. I milked them expermentaly a few times using a glass coffie table to gentaly coax out venom on bottom of the glass wile watching thru top glass. Like I said all my pet toads had a cushy life. I had them trained to snatch any thing I offered them on a long thin peice of wood it take a bit to train them as you use live insects wile waving the thin peice of wood in there face. After awile you dont need insects any more they just snatch anything I offer then on the end of wood stick.

They dont use venom to hunt its defence olny. The swallow there prey in one GLUP. A adult B alvarus can eat rats swallowing them whole its a three pound toad when fully grown although most do not reach that size.

I'm about to eat dinner and I made the mistake of reading this thread. That venom milking really sounds disgusting. I wonder who was the first person to ever try that. It’s amazing what people will do to get high.

69ron said:
I'm about to eat dinner and I made the mistake of reading this thread. That venom milking really sounds disgusting. I wonder who was the first person to ever try that. It’s amazing what people will do to get high.

I agree I have great faith in my common sense if I had not seen it documented by science I would have never smoked it. I started with a tiny speck vaporized waited 48 hours. It took me 6 weeks to reach moderate effects. Because I KNEW I was smoking poision. I handle the toads with gloves as a very small amount of venom in mouth or mucus membranes is REAL bad news. I have also handeled many poisionus snakes. But no I do not keep venomus snakes.

People say they are ulgy and slimy. I find them beautiful and fasinating just like dmt

Still not near as bad as rubbing rotten meat over open wounds as some anthropologists think may have been earlys mans fist spirtual use of drugs. not THATs a dinner story for you.

liquid oozing out as you squeeze and milk it...the milking process sounds like some sort of sexual act. :lol:

oh I didn't know they only oozed I thought they sprayed predators,or something that would be inconvenient. I think nobody probably experimented until people probably got poisoned and lived(how deadly is the poison in it's pure form anyway will it kill a human easily?) not knowing what it was and tripped off of it then decided to smoke it just a hypothesis.

69ron said:
liquid oozing out as you squeeze and milk it...the milking process sounds like some sort of sexual act. :lol:

There is actual a debate over weather or not the male toad is tripping wile the toads mate as they swim aroud for some time with the male locked in place on top of the egg laying female. The male fertilizes the eggs as they are laid. Theres some toad sex stories.

And do I realy have to say it kids dont have sex with toads its dangerous. We are going to feel real bad if we start some moronic toad fuckin craze that will sweep the nation.:lol:

maybe we should have The Traveler delete this thread for the sake of humanity. do we realy want the blood on our hands from this possible toad fucking craze. and besides its not politicaly correct why cant the females trip the males always have all the fun...

watch out for mop:lol:

Back
Top Bottom