• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

What IS that smell??

Migrated topic.

bismillah

My Personalized Tag
Hey guys,

Tried some of my own shrooms today, and I'm starting to notice something. (Now I understand the childish joy of growing! But I digress.)

I've only done shrooms 3 times, but each time my sense of smell has been all weird for hours or days after. Last time, I took a tea, and everything had a lemon shroom tinge for the remainder of that week. Now I ate some freshies this morning and I am pursued by the faint odour of curdled milk everywhere I go.

Anyone share this experience? It's kinda gross... makes me feel like my airways are dirty.

My whole house smells like fresh mushroom whenever I open and break up spawn jars to make tubs. Also when I harvest the mushrooms. That's about it. I haven't noticed any olfactory effects from taking them, aside from the usual psychedelic induced synesthesia type stuff.

Happy you are having success with your cubes!! Stop by my grow thread and share some pictures!!

How's your oral hygiene and gum health? Have you had any teeth extracted in recent years? It is my suspicion at least that this may have something to to do with 'olfactory lock' on occasion.

My partner and I had covid (as did pretty much everyone close to us) and we were all fine though she completely lost her sense of taste and smell and as it's starting to come back, she's complained of the exact same thing.. there's a persistent sour milk smell in her nose.

Have you had covid lately? might not be related to the mushrooms..

Someone explained to me why it is that the loss of smell happens and that it's something to do with some helper cell to the nerves in your nose dying.. as they begin to come back, it all can be a bit strange. I doubt mushrooms could do anything like that though on their own.

Someone explained to me why it is that the loss of smell happens and that it's something to do with some helper cell to the nerves in your nose dying.. as they begin to come back, it all can be a bit strange. I doubt mushrooms could do anything like that though on their own.
Psilocybin stimulates neurogenesis so there could be a link to neural regrowth either in the olfactory receptors or in the olfactory regions of the brain.

Something I have found unique to psylocibin is the sensual disphoria that it can cause where I smell sounds or colors and hear scents, etc... It's not a common occurrence but can happen, maybe this is what you're experiencing?

Dirty T said:
Something I have found unique to psylocibin is the sensual disphoria that it can cause where I smell sounds or colors and hear scents, etc... It's not a common occurrence but can happen, maybe this is what you're experiencing?
This reminds me of the first time I saw "chip shop chips" (effectively UK thick-cut fries sold at a fried fish shop, for you transpondians) while on a healthy dose of liberty caps. I was filled with an all-penetrating sensation of awfulness as the chips (fries) looked like a pile of decomposing maggots. The physical sensation of revulsion was quite remarkable.
IMG_2430.JPG

Guten appetit!

I think it's a sort of olfactory dissociation. We normally categorize everything automatically. It has been demonstrated repeatedly that how something looks influences the taste of it, or rather, how we perceive the taste and smell of it.

Psychedelics disrupt that process. Things no longer look, sound, taste or smell, like they are "supposed to".

Actually, yeah, I did have COVID and I did lose olfactory perception. That was right before I started doing shrooms, and the sourness got better with each succesive trip... makes sense.

I've tripped a whole bunch since and forgot all about the sour smell. My smell has returned also.

Back
Top Bottom