• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

what strain of caapi is the best?

Migrated topic.

lorax

Rising Star
what differences are there in terms of caapi?

another question.. can one grow caapi in the climate conditions of mid europe? i've heard that caapi is somewhat overharvested and i wouldn't wanna take part in that.

most ayahuasca recipes are made from fresh caapi vine.. are there any recipes for dried caapi?

More to do with age and cultivation than strain.

Find a good reliable vendor and you can't go wrong.

Personally Maya's white caapi is the best I've found.

I could not disagree more!

There are strains that contain almost nothing but THH and other which contain no THH and all harmine!

"Cielo" is the best strain if you ask me! I also think it's much better to grow Caapi then buy it! It's really easy to grow! We just need to propagate the best strains!

Yes mayas white is really strong, currently half way through a cold water extraction, looks very potent, just have to reduce another 14 litres or so.

Ive only ever had yellow a few times and never really got much of it, plus its expensive and your having to take a lot if your just taking the cappi only brews whereas the whites been strong alone with 50 grams sometimes. Though I dont want to say oh im not getting much off it, still great experiences just not really intense, but it can be subtle. Also had red once but didnt get anything from that at all :(

Hopefully with this cold water extraction well get it down to being potent at 10g, could save a fortune! Quite excited! :d

Maybe it's like with wine or tea, a matter of personal taste, and you should just try a new one each time until you find a strain that's perfect for you.
there are so many i haven't tried yet.

Infinite I said:
Hopefully with this cold water extraction well get it down to being potent at 10g, could save a fortune! Quite excited!
Looking forward to hearing how the brew turns out :)
White caapi(4) from maya is really potent indeed. The method mostly used currently for extracting caapi is very inefficient, extracting less than half the actives. Percolator setup with lots of water is the way to go.

[quote='Coatl]

I could not disagree more!

There are strains that contain almost nothing but THH and other which contain no THH and all harmine!

"Cielo" is the best strain if you ask me! I also think it's much better to grow Caapi then buy it! It's really easy to grow! We just need to propagate the best strains![/quote]

Well I have tried many "cielo" aka sky Caapi aka Ourinhos from different vendor's and all of them are different...some more than others. From completely inactive, to quite potent, with many different subtleties with each batch!

The same goes for white caapi. I've had many different white caapi strains from many different vendors and they are all slightly different.

When the caapi vine is picked, where it grows, how old it is, how much sun it gets, the altitude it is grown in all directly effect the % of alkaloids is has in it.

I find more difference in batches than in varieties.

IMHO White and Yello (Sky/Ceilo) have more in common than Black or Red varieties which range from inactive to highly purgative and very physical.

And please note that these different varieties are just one way that Caapi is differentiated by currandero’s. There are some that break them down into many different strains based on nodules, leaf shape, vine shape, etc.

Here is one listing, but this is not at all exhaustive. Each tribe/village/currandero has their own method.

Well I have tried many "cielo" aka sky Caapi aka Ourinhos from different vendor's and all of them are different...some more than others. From completely inactive, to quite potent, with many different subtleties with each batch!

Indeed! We must locate and propagate the best strain! Help me find it!

From your link-

The stems contain 0.11-0.83% beta-carbolines, of which 40-96% is harmine.”

So theres a chance that it can be anywhere from less than half, to almost complelely harmine.

i didn't really ask about vendors anyway since i'm planning on growing my own caapi anyway. i dont want to take part in the overharvesting of natural resources. coatl.. i would prefer a vine high in thh also. i would like to grow 2 strains.. one which is high in THH and one which has a good measure of the whole alkaloid mix.

so do you think i should choose cielo and white strains for growing? does anyone have any seeds?

"Cielo" is just a good strain, I thinks high in THH but also has fair amounts of the other chemicals. I'm trying to find a strain of Caapi that has almost nothing but THH. I'll let you know if I find one...

I'd grow "white" and "cielo" or "yellow" Caapi if I was you. Good job wanting to grow it, it's pretty easy!

i just hope it can grow in not too humid climate.. what do you think.. will caapi grow well in germany? does it need a lot of sun? because sun is what i dont have a lot of..

where do you let your caapi grow upon? since its a vine it will need something long to grow on. how do you approach this? i thought about putting a screw in my ceiling and attaching pieces of rope to it which the caapi can climb.

Kinda grows like a bush if it's got enough sun... I'm here in Carolina. Don't worry it's not hard... it can handle really hot as well as really cold weather, tho I bet you'll have to bring it inside for winter.

You'll figure it out... it's all about getting to know the plant in your own climate, but I assure you it's easy, don't worry!

Now getcha some potent Psychotria and Diplopterys plants! Good any Trichocereus growing yet? If not, get some! They are SUPER easy to grow... like easier than corn!

Now getcha some potent Psychotria and Diplopterys plants!

These are quite hard to grow without high humidity. I don't know that I have heard of many people being able to grow these succesfully, and even when they do grow them they usually have low alkaloid content.

A better option is Desmanthus illoensis. Has a pretty clean alkaloid profile and decent DMT content in the root bark (~.30%) and grows like crazy.

I personally like to only grow the traditional stuff and make REAL ayahuasca.

I grow Psychotria its not hard... Cultivtion of Diplopterys and Psychotria isn't that difficult, we just haven't had much practice yet.

ok.. i found a source of banisteriopsis seed.. but its only the standard strain. -ill start with that!

psychotria is already growing at my place for many years. hasnt been a problem. it grows slow. but it grows. and the bigger it gets the more it grows. Diplopterys is a thing that i still need. I plan on starting these things when spring comes.

can anyone recommend a shop in europe where i can find seeds for different caapi strains?

i have read that Diplopterys is supposed to produce a very evil kind of ayahuasca. i would like to grow it because it contains some 5-MeO but i would only make ayahuasca from caapi vs. psychotria viridis.

lorax said:
i have read that Diplopterys is supposed to produce a very evil kind of ayahuasca. i would like to grow it because it contains some 5-MeO but i would only make ayahuasca from caapi vs. psychotria viridis.

Not true!

I prefer Chaliponga (Diplopterys) to Viridis. It is much stronger, but I still have some doubts about how much 5-meo is actually in it. Some tests have shown a very small amount, others have shown none at all. 69Ron, though, has said he has found some that has a high 5-meo-dmt content... I don't believe I ever have though. There are some differences...Chali is slightly less visual, more electric, generally more blues than with Viridis.

I've never noticed that is more dark or sinister than Viridis.

I may have to try growing Viridis is people are having some success with it. P. carthaginensis, a related species, is supposed to have a slightly lower alkaloid content, but grows much, much faster than Viridis does. They can be used interchangably. I think I'm gonna pick up some seeds of each!

As far as growing these plants, does anyone have any suggestions? (you can PM me or we can start a new thread if this is too far off topic).

Back
Top Bottom