• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

What went wrong?

Migrated topic.

Psilosopher?

Don't Panic
OG Pioneer
So I've attempted a few extracts, all failures.

I'll talk through what I did with the latest extract.

Attempted an extract on 50g of Acacia obtusifolia twigs, not bark.

3 acid cooks in acidic water. Each cook lasted 1 and a half hours. Filtered the tea into a jug, and cooked again with fresh acid. We cooked in a pot on direct heat. 10 minutes on low heat, 10 minutes off heat. We repeated this for the entire cook.

Salted and basified the pooled tea. Swirled the solution around and left in a heat bath for an hour.

Pulled the basified extract with Shellite. Each pull consisted of 10% of the total volume of basified extract. We did this 4 times.

Chucked it in the freezer. Only a few crystals came through. Not even an eighth of a dose.

I don't know what went wrong. Either the DMT content in the Acacia is lacking, or the procedure was wrong. I don't think it's the latter, however if it was, I think it might have something to do with the acid cook. The twigs were chopped up pretty finely, into a fibrous powder. I tried not to overboil. The acid was quite acidic, far lower than pH 2-3. I was told that high acidity does not degrade the DMT. Any pointers?

Bodhisativa said:
So I've attempted a few extracts, all failures.

I'll talk through what I did with the latest extract.

Attempted an extract on 50g of Acacia obtusifolia twigs, not bark.

3 acid cooks in acidic water. Each cook lasted 1 and a half hours. Filtered the tea into a jug, and cooked again with fresh acid. We cooked in a pot on direct heat. 10 minutes on low heat, 10 minutes off heat. We repeated this for the entire cook.

Salted and basified the pooled tea. Swirled the solution around and left in a heat bath for an hour.

Pulled the basified extract with Shellite. Each pull consisted of 10% of the total volume of basified extract. We did this 4 times.

Chucked it in the freezer. Only a few crystals came through. Not even an eighth of a dose.

I don't know what went wrong. Either the DMT content in the Acacia is lacking, or the procedure was wrong. I don't think it's the latter, however if it was, I think it might have something to do with the acid cook. The twigs were chopped up pretty finely, into a fibrous powder. I tried not to overboil. The acid was quite acidic, far lower than pH 2-3. I was told that high acidity does not degrade the DMT. Any pointers?

Any time I've done extractions using twigs, broken branch bark, phyllode for example, I've had to use a lot of starting material. Usually around 200-250g to get a ~600-800mg of DMT it varies considerably. I'd only bother doing a 50g extraction if I knew I had good yielding root bark other wise gather some more plant matter.

Since you can get shellite you can also get HCl. Since HCl is a much stronger acid I would suggest getting about 200g of plant material grinding it down to a powder and mixing it with about 1-1.25lt of water and about 3 capfuls of HCl (~20ml)(Hydrochloric Acid).

Agitate it for a few hours without heat, let it sit overnight then put it in a heat bath for an hour or two in the morning and start from there. Add NaCl and then NaOH and sit it in a heat bath for 3-4 hours agitating to prevent settling. Let it cool then pull with warm shellite, pre-evap your pulls down to about half their volume to check for saturation then freeze precipitate.

Back
Top Bottom