• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

What's the deal with harmalas?

Migrated topic.

dankh

MRJ
SWIM did some research and noticed the general consensus was they're not really good for much. However, there's an entire sub-forum dedicated to the compound along with lots of reports and teks. Which leads SWIM to believe that he's getting mixed signals. What intention are they generally used for? Typical methods for use (and maybe some less typical methods..)

not good for much?....uhh..ayahuasca..changa..antidepressant..

Caapi brews alone can be very healthy and healing and even visionary.

Drink some ayahuasca and you will see..

fractal enchantment said:
not good for much?....uhh..ayahuasca..changa..antidepressant..

Caapi brews alone can be very healthy and healing and even visionary.

Drink some ayahuasca and you will see..

I get the MAOI bit. I don't get the straight harmala dosing and reasons for extracting the compound. Recently rue was the first MAOI SWIM had come in contact with, has used rue in a failed pharma attempt (he expects way too low a dose), and combined it with a mushrooms with little noticeable affect.

The experiences along with doses quoted here and here, and some here, is why I ask about this.

The Nexus is the first place I've seen active harmala use outside of a brew.. so I must be missing something. Forgive me if I can't communicate the question right.. my head doesn't float in water.

they are used mostly for pharma (better dosing than tea, none of the other toxic alkaloids that come with rue, etc), but they can also be used for potentiating a smoked dmt trip by using it orally or sublingually before smoking dmt

or they can be smoked/added to changa

and yes some people do enjoy taking them on their own, they have a distinct effect, much more subtle than when dmt is present, but definitely there.... :)

extract some rue and find out, if you're interested :)

Back
Top Bottom