• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

What's up with my Trichocereus Bridgesii cactus?

Migrated topic.

TheCaterpillar

Rising Star
So this spring time I happened to plant a cactus garden I currently have 6 achuma cactus a San Pedro and a Echinopsis peruviana var. tarmensis (KK2148). So I water them like a shot glass too half a shot glass off water every 2-3 weeks but never before 2 weeks.

Anyway my question is what is wrong with one of my cactus? It has started developing a mutation of some kind I'm not sure if I should remove it or let it be. I hope it's nothing to worry about but here's a picture of it I think it's developeing a root but I'm not a expert.

Attachments

• IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    722 KB · Views: 0
downwardsfromzero said:
San Pedro cacti can take a whole lot more water than what you've been giving them. They are not like 'normal' desert cacti.

While my trich's are outside, in the summer, I totally drench them with a garden hose a few times a week. They grow pretty close to the 12" a year that can be expected from them.

Haha damned mutant cactus and their roots. It is a little weird the first time you see a cactus shooting a root out from the side. But you can literally lay these things flat on the soil and they will root side ways. I had some shoot out side roots from storage. Why on earth yours is doing it the way it is I have no idea.

roninsina said:
downwardsfromzero said:
San Pedro cacti can take a whole lot more water than what you've been giving them. They are not like 'normal' desert cacti.

While my trich's are outside, in the summer, I totally drench them with a garden hose a few times a week. They grow pretty close to the 12" a year that can be expected from them.
The 'summer' we've had here has meant my cacti have had a pretty much ongoing drenching and they've lapped it up. They grow fatter stems and the spines are MUCH more substantial. Also, it saves lugging cans of rainwater up three flights of stairs!

Outdoor trich's :love: :love: :love:

Back
Top Bottom