• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Why do you call it spice?

Migrated topic.
Thats what i wanted to know which had the rights to name first xD

synthetic cannabis is contaminating the true meaning of spice

With a little searching (basic homework), you could have stumbled onto this thread: Stop using 'spice' as a term

Perhaps the most interesting comment in that thread:

jamie said:
The original spice was psilocybe azurescens..

..and I am not joking. Frank Herbert was really into psilocybe azurescens at the time he wrote dune, and the spice was inspired by those mushrooms.

Dune is a classic, really. Must watch. Almost as good as Blade Runner (too bad almost noone seems to get what that one is really about.)

serveimage

serveimage

serveimage

Clife777 said:
...synthetic cannabis is contaminating the true meaning of spice
Yes, and because you had it all wrong it's your duty to do all the dishes on the next Nexus Rip Ralley.
:twisted: :p

Pitubo is right, it's from Frank Herbert's masterwork Dune, and it's not DMT but magic mushrooms. A quote from his good friend Paul Stamets in 'Mycelium Running' (p.123):

"Frank went on to tell me that much of the premise of Dune - the magic spice (spores) that allowed the bending of space (tripping), the giant worms (maggots digesting mushrooms), the eyes of the Fremen (the cerulean blue of Psilocybe mushrooms), the mysticism of the female spiritual warriors, the Bene Gesserit (influenced by tales of Maria Sabina and the sacred mushroom cults of Mexico) - came from his perception of the fungal life cycle, and his imagination was stimulated through his experiences with the use of magic mushrooms."

Ahhh there we go was not expecting that to come form magic mushrooms how did you find that out you legends 😁 😁

I will never take the name of spice in vain again, bet it was them bloody welsh who give it that name to synthetic cannabis ;) they love it over there walking around like the walking dead

Back
Top Bottom