• Members of the previous forum can retrieve their temporary password here, (login and check your PM).

Wondering if this is Psychotria Viridis?

sillypoint

Rising Star
Hi people, forgive me if I am in the wrong place, but I am very new here and still trying to find my way around.

I came across this plant in a village in South India that I recently moved to, and wish it is what I think it is, but didn't want to act without expert advice.

Elevation is almost sea level, very hot and humid. Here are some pics. Is this Psychotria Viridis?

thanks..,

PS: could not find Caapi growing alongside it.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.15.54 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.15.54 pm.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.16.13 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.16.13 pm.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.16.24 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.16.24 pm.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.16.33 pm.png
    Screenshot 2024-03-11 at 5.16.33 pm.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 7
That's a shame, but thank you folks. It has got to be a cruel joke nature played on this population if there aren't any active plants in this region, so I'll keep looking :)
Still worth getting the ID and looking into its properties if you were really attracted to it. Perhaps a microanalysis would throw up something interesting.

Also consider checking for its role ethnomedicinally. I wouldn't go ingesting a random plant though since of course there's a fair chance it might contain a random poison.

That's a shame, but thank you folks. It has got to be a cruel joke nature played on this population if there aren't any active plants in this region, so I'll keep looking :)
It's always good to keep your eyes open and did what you did here: have your finding checked before taking the next steps. 👍

Also if you think you finally found the genuine article: have a sample of that result tested to be 100% sure that you are not taking something potentially poisonous by accident.

Kind regards,

The Traveler

Back
Top Bottom